Author Topic: vaccine shots  (Read 916 times)

Confused

vaccine shots
« on: August 20, 2021, 11:04:31 AM »
If there are at least 3 varients (sp) out there and that does not cover the Delta one------how many shots are you willing to take.

The first shot about did me in so no more until they actually have the answer.  Oh, the third variant is supposed to make Delta look like nothing.

jazzlover

Re: vaccine shots
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:48:22 PM »
Z E R O
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

trc1962

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 03:27:12 PM »
I took the first vaccine and am still dealing with my overactive immune system. I know vaccines are important, but no more at this point for me.

Deb 27

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »
Hi Confused! I am sorry you had such an awful reaction to your vaccine.

Mine made me feel pretty bad but sometimes with me, its hard to nail down what is making me feel bad. LOL... I do think I had aches and such after my 2nd vaccine for many days. With that said, I will get a booster. If people don't get vaccinated and wear masks, the virus will keep mutating as it passes through the population. I wish more "well" folks would get vaccinated and that would help the folks who can't get vaccines.

Take care and be well !!!!

Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

meirish

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »
It is interesting about the vaccines. The regular flu used to be quite bad and it mutates every year so they make a new vaccine every year to cover the new variant.  I never got the flu shot until about 18 years ago when my health started getting so much worse but I was still not diagnosed. It seems like I have done ok on the regular flu vaccine but there are so many people who never get a flu shot and they must just develop the herd immunity as their life goes on and they don't seem to get the regular flu either. It is really a hard nut to crack, so to speak. meirish

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 06:35:38 AM »
I've been lucky I suppose, I'm fully vaccinated (at least in Canada, the US and a few other countries don't recognize my status because I had mixed doses, one Pfizer, one Moderna) and already have a positive titre, and the only side effect was a very slightly sore injection site, completely relieved with topical analgesic ointment. If the titre drops or disappears, I would definitely have a booster if the case counts warrant it. Bonus to a booster, it would be either Pfizer or Moderna, giving me two of either of them, and making my fully vaccinated in other jurisdictions.

As for the flu shot, it was mandatory where I worked, with the the options of working outside critical care areas, wearing a mask during flu season. I never considered it insulting, or demeaning, or an assault on me personally in any way, just another part of conscientious patient care. Same thing applied to TBC vaccine and all the usual childhood immunizations when I went in training, which would have been repeated if the titre had ever dropped. Anyone who wants to travel to certain countries already submit to a variety of vaccines without argument, and I'm not sure why this particular one is causing such controversary, outside of the largely misconstrued ideas about it being "experimental"(all drugs are scientifically monitored for the duration of their use to pick up and act upon any adverse effects, and are therefore "in trials" as long as they are in use, that's why some useful drugs are banned after several years due to newly gathered data), or the "not approved" status, which applies only to the US, it's been approved by all other drug administrations in countries large or advanced enough to have them. Additionally , in the US it has been given emergency approval based on the length of time it takes to pass several levels of scrutiny and government approval. The other very common argument is "it can't possibly be properly developed and proven in less than 18 months. These vaccines have been in development since 2002, based on studies for coronavirus (the basis of Covid-19), and further, instead of all manufacturers working independently and competitively, they have shared research and information, as well as testing results, so it's a much more long term, effort intense and well manned procedure than it looks. About the only competition has been in developing quantities and distribution routes for each brand or module.

And that is as close as I will get to a soap box on the subject.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 03:54:43 PM by Linda196 »
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

trc1962

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »
I think I will request a titer to see how my immunity is, if it is okay I will pass on the booster for now, if I don't show immunity I will have to get the booster and prepare for the awful SFN. After the 1st vaccine and 5 days passed I walked the cool floors at night so I could try and sleep. Because of this I am scared of the booster. I do wear a mask and I feel I have a responsibility to keep others safe as well as me.

Confused

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 08:08:41 PM »
Is it not possible that the mutations of this Covid virus might be something built into the virus so it will mutate on its own despite how many vaccinations people take.  There are lots dying who have had double vaccinations. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 08:35:55 PM by Confused »

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 04:44:24 AM »
All living organisms have "survival and mutation" modes built in, that's why flu shots need to be changed annually to keep up with which ever variant or type is expected to be prevalent, and why bacteria adapt to antibiotics, making them resistant. Plants will naturally adapt to conditions, hyacinths are an amazing example because they change colour based on the Ph of the soil, and can be changed intentionally.

In our area, there have been no deaths among the fully vaccinated, and only 3-4% of affected people have been previously fully vaccinated, and they have all avoided hospitalization, some even being almost symptom free, only diagnosed because they were screened following exposure. At least here, it is evident that vaccination, although not 100% effective at preventing the virus from attacking, at least minimizes the resulting illness.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

twilite

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 11:34:42 AM »
https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/herpes-covid-vaccine

Just wanted to share this link I found this information this morning regarding people with sjogren's autoimmune diseases and ra some side effects from Pfizer I think,

The researchers found that six of the patients with AIIRD (or 1.2%) developed herpes zoster?aka shingles?within several days of receiving the vaccine. Four of the patients had rheumatoid arthritis, one had Sjogren's syndrome, and another had a connective disease. All of the patients were women, and five of the reactions happened after the first vaccine dose.

I have had three shots of the moderna and have not experienced this but that's just me. But remember people can get shingles at any time...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:37:08 AM by twilite »
65 Years Old - Diagnosed in 2008 - Secondary Sjogren' s, HypoThyroid, Fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, RA, , Pre-syncope, Hypermobility syndrome, Arthralgia, Insomnia, neuropathoy, dry mouth, eyes, low BP & Vit D, Citrulline Antibody, orthostatic hypotension, ulcer, glaucoma, brain fog, and depression

sixty

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 05:08:25 AM »
I believe in vaccines and think that they save countless lives.  It's unfortunate that some people have bad reactions to them, but I never have so I will continue to follow science and take the shot.  I don't know what I would do if I had experienced a bad reaction to a vaccine.  I would get my doctors opinion for sure.

Confused

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2021, 06:44:14 AM »
Sixty,
I have taken flu shots for years despite the fact they always cause me a day when I have the flu.
This has nothing to do with being anti vaccine but it has everything to do with the fact that I have been told I am allergic to the vaccine and to never take another one. 
And yes this was confirmed by my doctor.
Never assume, it could cost you your life. 
Twilite that is not great news but  not surprising will all I have seen.

Deb 27

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »
They have said all along that this virus would mutate if enough people didn't get vaccinated. So, this is what happened. While the vaccine might not be quite as effective against the Delta variant, it seems to prevent people from being hospitalized for the most part and dying. I'll take those odds anyday.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

meirish

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2021, 09:28:39 PM »
Also, these covid infections, such as the regular flu, mutate every year. Have to have a new vaccine every year for the flu. The common cold mutates constantly that is one reason we don't have a vaccine for the cold. meirish

Confused

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 04:16:10 PM »
Maybe we aren't talking the same virus.  why don't we just leave it there.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:17:52 PM by Confused »