Author Topic: Good News and Bad News  (Read 646 times)

lighthouse33

Good News and Bad News
« on: August 20, 2021, 08:50:51 AM »
I did my tandem skydiving jump on my birthday. It was awesome.  The free fall was just like a bird flying in the air!  I would do it again.  I wish I knew how to insert a picture in a post.  My friend took some good ones.

And, I pick up my Bichon Frise puppy on September 7. Yeah!!

Now the bad news.  I had a mole scooped out last week.  My dermatologist called Wednesday afternoon to tell me it is melanoma.  It's not the bad kind of melanoma but I will need to have surgery without Anesthesia.  I will have to see my dermatologist every three months for two years.  At the end of the call she apologized for calling me with the news.

I could have had the surgery done here, but, I want to know if it has spread beyond the mole area.  So, I will be traveling to the Melanoma Cancer Center at UNC Oncology Hospital.  My consultation appointment is set for next Thursday. 
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

meirish

Re: Good News and Bad News
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
Wow. Lighthouse. That is the good, the bad and the ugly. It is wise to get good care the first time around by getting a second opinion. These big centers have so much more Information and experience at their fingertips. Glad you had a good jump and the puppy is still on the calendar and will sent up prayers for your visit for the melanoma.

When we have autoimmune diseases our body is more susceptible for cancers from what I have read. My doc wants me to have a colonoscopy every 3 years and wrote a letter that I can give to my doctors through the years. Just have so many things to keep up with that we get so tired out. Rest up and stay calm until the docs tell you it is time to worry. Best info I can tell you cause I don't know the answers. Good luck. meirish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 10:34:53 PM »
I wish you good luck in eliminating your melanoma. 
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 06:13:47 AM »
Hello, Joe!

I've been thinking of you and hoping that you're doing well.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) Inter.
Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Oral Lichen Planus-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om.3-Methotrexate-Esome

lighthouse33

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 09:10:12 PM »
I had my surgery two weeks ago.  Tuesday, my stitches will be removed.  Stage 1, very early melanoma.  If I am reading my pathology results correctly, it says no residual found.  It appears the surgeon got it all.

Because of my stitches required me to avoid heavy lifting, I put off picking up my puppy until this Wednesday.  Louie also known as "King Louie" will finally be coming home!
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 06:36:08 PM »
Dear Lighthouse,

I'm delighted that the procedure is over and the outcome is very optimistic.

Can't wait to hear more about King Louie!

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) Inter.
Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Oral Lichen Planus-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om.3-Methotrexate-Esome

meirish

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 07:58:17 PM »
So glad that this procedure is over and done and with good result. Also happy that you are enjoying your new friend. In my old age I finally think I would enjoy a house dog but now it won't work with my health and lifestyle. Oh, well, will enjoy my kids dogs. A yellow lab, chocolate lab and another golden colored large dog who has a name I can't remember. They are all such good friends to out entire family9. meirish