Author Topic: A biopsy  (Read 1070 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
A biopsy
« on: July 25, 2021, 10:54:23 PM »
This week will pass slow, because I had an endometrial biopsy done last Wednesday. I am hoping to find out results this week. I had an abnormal pap test and bleeding on and off.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

araminta

Re: A biopsy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:26:34 AM »
It's not nice waiting for results, but at least you know you are doing the right thing by investigating your symptoms.   It's always tempting to put off seeing a doctor about symptoms that worry us.   

I hope all is well, but if there is a problem you will be able to move on with addressing it and discussing options with your doctor.

Very best wishes.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

susanep

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 07:49:37 PM »
Araminta I didn't have to wait long. They called early today. I have endometrial cancer stage 2/3 .
I go next week to knoxville to see a obgyn/oncologist to have him explain everything and talk about a plan.
I have felt like I am in a fog, but praying for direction.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 08:34:06 PM »
So sorry to hear this, Susan.

Sending prayers and hugs your way!!
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

susanep

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »
Thank you jazzlover.. I appreciate it.
susanep

araminta

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 03:02:23 AM »
I am very sorry, Susan.

As we all know, worrying or stressing just lowers our resilience and our immunity.   It never helps.     I would say, try to stay completely focused on the practicalities of what needs to be done.

It's easy for us in medical settings to forget some of the things we wanted to know.   It might help to write down any questions that occur to you in the next few days so that you are well prepared for your appointment.    Is there someone who can accompany you to the appointment?

I don't know if you have ever tried meditation techniques, but I think they could be helpful in keeping you grounded and giving you a quiet space to go to.   If you are interested this is a link to a very good "body scan":

https://archive.org/details/MCullenBodyScanMeditation

I will remember you in my prayers.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Jenny

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 04:25:57 AM »
So sorry to hear this, Susan. I know it?s scary, but they have made great strides in cancer treatment recently. Praying for a good outcome.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

susanep

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 06:59:48 AM »
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This will be a new journey for me. My faith is in God, and he will never leave me nor forsake me.
Love to all of you and blessings.
susanep

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »
Hi  :)
Also sorry to hear your latest dx. Glad things are moving. Better to know what you're facing than waiting to find out. I wish you all the best for the fight ahead.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

meirish

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 08:22:48 PM »
Susan, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Just know that there are prayers being lifted up for you.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to eat well and get some exercise to help fight off the stress that builds up. Also rest as much as you can. For is sort of nice at times as it helps us cope with all the extra issues that take all our time and energy. When you get to see the doctor the plan for the future will be more clear and your attention and energy will be needed to carry out the plan.

I am sure that you will worry about your husband but hope and pray that friends will help you out where needed. Good luck and God Bless. meirish

susanep

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 09:20:38 PM »
irish thank you for the great advice. I'm sure I will need it. I find it difficult to explain how I feel since the news, but I just have to be optimistic and go forward on this new journey. I will be exercising more, and I'm getting my diabetes more controlled. It is going to be hard on us with and hour and half one way on trips.  We have one little dog we don't trust with the ones we know. She is not any trouble but will have to be left in the house some with her food and water. She has been my baby. My husband has already been so helpful.
The thing is I have always had irregular periods since I was a teen. Looking back I was rarely given progesterone to balance with the estrogen. I also had polycistic ovarian disease. I keep in prayer and my husband does too.
God bless all of you.
susanep

MarieB

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 10:14:23 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry Susan.  You and your family will be in my and my family's thoughts and prayers. 
Marie 
Diagnosed w/Sjogrens May2014
SSA >8  SSB >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Antichromatin Antibodies >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Anti-DNA(SS)IgG,Ab/Qn 37(0-19EU)H
Began Plaquenil May 2014

susanep

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 11:51:52 PM »
Thank you Marie. What more could a person want.
Hugs susanep

Carebear

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »
Susan, I am so very sorry.  You have always inspired me with your faith, and impressed me with the close relationship you have with your husband.  You've battled so must in your lifetime.  And you always demonstrate grace and courage.

You got this, Susan!  This is a safe place so share away.  Sending you thoughts of loving kindness. 
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

susanep

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
Carebear such kind and loving thought from you. That made my day.  My dear son and daughter in law don't know yet. They went on vacation the weekend. before I found out my results. He was working double shifts and was completly stressed out so I did'nt want to tell him until after they get back home. He is suppose to start back tomorrow. We have always been very close. He is my only child. Yes me and my husband are very close.
I do now have a real and close relationship with God. I wouldn't know how to make even one day without him, and that is before all this. I know this is a real and loving place to come for real support.
Have a good weekend to you and everyone here.
Love susanep