Author Topic: hand pain and swelling on top finger joint  (Read 329 times)

trc1962

hand pain and swelling on top finger joint
« on: July 02, 2021, 04:05:55 PM »
Hi,
I had a flare this Spring after a kidney infection, followed by the vaccine. My main issue is neuropathy in my extremities. I take Mycophenolate Sodium and usually do pretty good, but the last flare causes some issues. I don't think the vaccine to totally to blame, but the combination of an infection followed buy the vaccine. I got the small fiber sensory neuropathy in my legs and along with the pain came the purple legs, yuck. I controlled the pain with gabapentin 3 times a day 100 mg, but only take 100 now at bedtime unless I was super active. I wonder if this purple is from POTS. I am guessing the SFN damages the shunts in the blood vessels in my legs and they get trapped open causing the purple. I had this in 2004 and it went away with Imuran but can longer take it as it upped my liver counts after a long time. It was the best med for me! I also have had wierd swelling in a finger tip or the top joint and out to the nail, but only one or 2 fingers at a time? It will leave 1 finger tip and end up in another. My hands hurt when I am in the shower along with my feet and it usually is from warm water, so probably neuropathy. Any ideas?  *Thank God it has cooled down! I live in Washington state and it was so hot!

araminta

Re: hand pain and swelling on top finger joint
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 02:18:14 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear about your hand pain.

Here is quite a good general link about finger swelling, however others here with medical knowledge may be able to pinpoint the problem.

https://www.healthline.com/health/swollen-fingertip
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:20:17 AM by araminta »
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.