Author Topic: Book ok????  (Read 645 times)

Confused

Book ok????
« on: July 20, 2021, 02:47:50 PM »
Hi,
I am still pretty sick from the Covid shot I took but have a question.

Has any one read "Sjogrens-Guidebook"?  It is published by Medifocus.  It is available as an e-book or a paper book.  I need to know if it is a worthwhile reference book.

Thanks.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Book ok????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »
Hi  :)

Sorry I can't help. I did read a Sjogren's handbook back when I got a diagnosis bit it wasn't that one and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Hope someone else can help and I hope you feel better from the vaccine shot soon.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Confused

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »
Scottie,
I hope you are doing better.  Thank you for writing back.

I am not up to researching anything so figured if the book was ok someone would write they had read it.  This is for someone who is trying to help me but does not have enough knowledge and
I have not recovered enough from the vaccine shot to make sense.   The pharmacist said you  could actually wait with no actual schedule.  IT is only the first shot that has to be scheduled with a wait time before you take the seconds shot.  The second shot can be as long as you wish but you will not be fully covered until you survive the second shot.

More shots are in the works.
Blessings

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 04:14:11 AM »
I'm not familiar with that book, and get no results when I search the title, but the Sjogren's Foundation has a book list that you might find helpful at sjogrens.org/shop/category/sjogrens-related-books  ( you have to copy and paste the address, since it leads to a site asking for donation for a foundation) and our Spring has compiled a list of books on this site as well, at https://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?board=37.0

I would be a bit cautious about delaying the second shot, most health authorities recommend a period not to exceed 42 days, but some places have stretched it to 90 days because of supply problems, and claim good effect.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

jazzlover

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:43:18 AM »
Shot #2 could be a huge issue.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Confused

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 10:08:41 AM »
Linda,
Thank you for the book reply.  Boy, my mind is really shot.

Jazzlover,
I am terrified on getting the second shot!

I know they have new shots with newer variants coming.  I don't metabolize meds right and with the way this first shot hit me and I still have not recovered I don't know and looking at newer shots that may be required I'm not sure which way to jump.

meirish

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 05:40:19 PM »
Regarding the second shot:  I am not going to get anymore shots until this mess is sorted out. You hear a different story every 5 minutes on TV and in the paper. I am beginning to feel like there is pressure being put on all of us and who knows the reason why!!!

I figure with all my autoimmune diseases I survived the first shot and will wait a darned long time with lots of documentation and proof of information regarding the second shot. It's a good thing I don't have young children to be concerned about. I feel like the government is trying to start a fight between the citizens of the USA. Maybe it's my imagination but still it is disconcerting to say the least. meirish

jazzlover

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 09:32:57 PM »
The pressure and the bribes are very concerning.

Go to Rumble or other similar sites for the truth.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Confused

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
Jazzlover,
At this point I can not read much at all before I lose all concentration.  It is going to be a while.  I suppose the only good thing I see is losing 10 pounds so far as eating is still making me sick.

meirish

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
confused, it is always good to lose a few pounds as most of us these days can afford to shed them, but sorry that you are having the nausea, etc and having trouble eating. Sometimes that can happen to people with autoimmune disease also. I go through times when I will eat cereal for breakfast and supper and something else for lunch. Just don't have an appetite for much food but the cold cereal goes good.

Hope you perk up soon. Maybe the vaccine triggered a flare that is a little different than the ones you have had before. Good luck. meirish

Confused

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:17 PM »
Thank you Irish for your reply.  That might work.

I am sure the shot threw me into a flare like nothing I have seen.  I always get hit in one spot with a flare and I have that so I hope this goes away and that everyone reacts well to the vaccines if they choose to get them.

Take care and I hope you are well!!!