Author Topic: response to vaccine  (Read 1926 times)

bluegardenia

response to vaccine
« on: May 24, 2021, 03:49:38 PM »
hi, I live in Italy where  more than half of the population still is not vaccinated. I do not see here many comments about the reactions to vaccine by Sjogrens around the world. Anybody wants to say something? thanks
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

jazzlover

Re: response to vaccine
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:50:39 PM »
Hi there!!

It's so political here in the USA that some of us have to bite our tongues when discussing this. I could give you an earful of information, but I might get thrown off of the forum.

Feel free to message me if you like.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

jazzlover

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 04:14:48 AM »
I had no reaction at all.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 08:53:14 PM »
Blue,

I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and really had no issues.  I will tell you that I feel an extreme sense of relief to be vaccinated!  My husband is on meds for a cancer trial and he is vaccinated too.

I highly recommend it.  Stay safe and well!

Kathy

62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

Mellie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 09:50:11 PM »
Hi,   I had Pfizer Covid-19 vaccinations.  The first one didn't seem to bother me.  The second, I still already had pneumonia and on antibiotics.  I had 101F temp, bone pain all night but it wasn't really that severe. It wasn't anything like having the flu or covid for sure.  Covid-19 nearly killed me.

sixty

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 02:00:36 PM »
I had the pfizer vaccine and had no reactions.  Easy peasy!

Jasper

• P SJS; SFN; Sensory Polyneuropathy/Ganglionopathy
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 08:12:52 AM »
I had the Pfizer vaccine (2 doses). I had a reaction both times although the reaction after the first dose was stronger than after the second dose.  Fatigue, joint aches, felt feverish but no fever, headache. It's typical to have a reaction after any vaccine so I was not at all surprised or worried. I always get reactions after the flu vaccine and also any other vaccines I get.

The reaction is a sign that one's body is mounting a response. It's generally a positive development. 

ANA 1:160; SS-A+; MSG +; Plaquenil, Rituxan infusions, Restasis, HRT, Curcumin, Calcium, CoQ10, NAC, Resveratrol, Whole Omega, Omega 3, R Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L Carnitine, Krill Oil, Mag. Threonate, Bio-Collagen UC II, NAD+, & Vit A, B, C, D, E, K 1 & 2.

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 08:03:21 AM »
My husband and I received our Pfizer vaccines about a month ago. He is stage 4 cancer and had no issues with either shot accept a sore arm. I have Sjogren's and had a mild reaction the first shot (slightly swollen lymph nodes) but no problem with the second.
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 62
Difficulty swallowing, fibromyalgia, burning mouth, GERD, anxiety, dry, dry, dry!
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

vrystaat

Response to Pfizer vaccine
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 02:07:29 PM »
I had a bad reaction. I was off work for over 2 weeks.
I was feverish to  99.6 degrees. I had to stay in bed for 2 weeks, and missed work.
I had chest pain and severe fatigue.
If I knew all this, I would not have had the vaccine. It is not benign.
Sjogrens;Polymyositis;Polyneuropathy;Gastritis;GERD, Autonomic Neuropathy, Neurological complications, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Gamma 3 globulin low;Multiple infections;Brain fog; Ocular problems - blepharitis, scleritiis, dry eye,severe eye pain. Possible Inclusion body Myositis.Currently Endstage

jazzlover

Re: Response to Pfizer vaccine
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 08:36:47 AM »
I had a bad reaction. I was off work for over 2 weeks.
I was feverish to  99.6 degrees. I had to stay in bed for 2 weeks, and missed work.
I had chest pain and severe fatigue.
If I knew all this, I would not have had the vaccine. It is not benign.

So sorry to hear. :(

Maria3667

• Sicc'a ff it!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
I had Johnson 2 weeks ago (only 1 shot necessary) and so far have experienced no side effects - except a bit of tenderness at jab site & slight stiff arm first couple of days.
53. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis & MGD ('18). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 12.5mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

cara

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 10:21:33 AM »
My husband with Sjogren's had the Pfizer 2-shot regimen in Feb/March of 2020, and no ill effects. 

meirish

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 08:20:01 PM »
There is so much information coming from all angles of this covid stuff that it gives me a headache. I had my vaccine and I am just going to keep on doing what I have been doing all along. I don't get too "frisky" about getting out and about, but if I have to stay home a little more I have "been there done that" so guess I can live with it again. I just listened to someone spout out in a demeaning way (someone in the town where I live) about people who make decisions on covid. I aam worn out from this disease in more ways than one.

Please ignore me as I just sort of got on a tangent from listening to too much TV...every channel and newspaper is on our trail. I would just like to suffer through this with less noise and arguing. I do know there has been so much death and suffering and I feel bad about that and almost guilty at times for not being sick, but members of my family have had the covid so I am not untouched by this. I hope I am not in trouble for spouting off...guess I need to turn off the TV. meirish  :(
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:01:45 AM by meirish »

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
Hi  :)

My husband had the Pfizer vaccine and just felt a bit spaced out and fatigued for a couple of days.
I had the Astrazenica Vaccine and felt a bit sore for a couple of days but no fever or anything. Pfizer made one of my kids throw up for a day - but just one. Other 3 kids had no adverse reactions.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!