Author Topic: Birthday News  (Read 2325 times)

lighthouse33

Birthday News
« on: June 26, 2021, 05:30:22 AM »
For my upcoming 58th birthday next month I have something unusual planned.  I am going to tandem sky dive out of an airplane in Raeford, NC.

I am very excited!  Another event checked off of my bucket list.  Maybe next year I will do a guided white water rafter trip. 

In other news, I am moving mid July to a new apartment here at the Belle Meade campus.  It is in the one apartment building that allows pets. 
On August 3rd I pick up my Bichon Frise puppy at the breeders.  He will have completed his Doggy Doctorate program.  I have really missed the unconditional love of a pet.  I may also add one or two cats later. 
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Birthday News
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 07:49:56 AM »
Wow Lighthouse!  Your life has changed dramatically it seems, and in wonderful ways.  You spent so many years as a caregiver.  You did a great job, Lighthouse.  Now it's your turn to explore this new phase of life.

Your plans are wonderful.   I've always wanted to go skydiving, but it won't happen now because I'm 79 and very disabled.  But at 59 I could have done it, of course.  But wasn't at the carpe diem stage, and had no idea what would happen very soon to my health.  I did get some travel in...but it got harder and harder. 

I'm very glad I did go white water rafting in my 50's..you will love it!

And I've always wanted a Bichon Frise puppy.  I'm in the midst of a 'teenage terror' Ragdoll Kitten (8 months old, we got him at 2 months, and wow has he ever grown!).
Pets are marvelous companions.   Keep us posted on your puppy.

And making a move....always stressful.  But now you can have your Doggie with a Doctorate!  Our Senior Living Community allows pets because most Senior Living Communities know how important pets are to our health and emotional health, too.

Thanks for the update, Lighthouse.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) Inter.
Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Oral Lichen Planus-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om.3-Methotrexate-Esome

meirish

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »
lighthouse, I too, am very glad to hear that  your life has become so much more "fun". You did have a stressful time caregiving but glad that  you are young enough to do some "crazy" things. I don't think I would have done that when I was your age, but if I was your age now I just might. Perception of some activities change over the years. My son did it and has the pictures to prove it. It sure is fun to watch.

Also, sounds fun to have a puppy. I have grown to love dogs these past years but would not have the energy level it takes even if I was back in my own home. Enjoy the summer and have some good times...but don't overdo. I am 78 years old and do sound like a mother!!! good luck. meirish

lighthouse33

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 07:54:59 AM »
meirish,

I am having the photos and videos option done as well.  It's worth the extra $100 to get it done.  My proof of completion so to speak.

When I told my therapist about it, he mentioned that it would be nice if the ladies from my lunch group would come to see it.  I mentioned it to my close friend and she said maybe they can car pool it there. She didn't think I would have to rent the bus to take us alll.

Nothing more has been mentioned about it.  Maybe I will get some surprise visitors on my birthday.  [tab
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products