Author Topic: Genicular Knee Joint Nerve Ablation anyone?  (Read 463 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Genicular Knee Joint Nerve Ablation anyone?
« on: April 16, 2021, 05:20:07 AM »
I'm scheduled for Genicular Knee Joint Nerve Ablation in late May.  Have any of you had nerve ablation on your knees?

https://www.ptcoa.com/Genicular-Knee-Joint-Nerve-Ablation

I have severe, bone-on-bone, knee pain in both knees. Because I also have profound peripheral neuropathy in my legs the best orthopedist for knee replacement surgeon has ruled me out as a viable candidate for surgery.  This nerve ablation will probably stop the worst of this pain, we hope.

I thought about seeking an orthopedist who would perform knee surgery for me, but decided to accept the decision of the best Duke surgeon who specializes only in knee replacement surgery.  It is just too risky for me.

I'd love to hear about your experience with this procedure.

Elaine

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:43:55 AM by Carolina »
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
Re: Genicular Knee Joint Nerve Ablation anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 06:32:02 PM »
Elaine,

Wow!  Sorry, but never heard of this surgery, but it does seem to make sense.  Reduction of pain is the goal!

You are very unique!  You are a trooper and will blaze the way for the rest of us!  Wishing you success🤗.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

meirish

Re: Genicular Knee Joint Nerve Ablation anyone?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 02:15:53 PM »
So sorry that you are having to deal with the knee pain during this time of your life. I think having this procedure is a good idea because as said, the idea is to deal with the pain. We get to the point and to the age when we have to pick and choose our poison so to speak. Neuropathy pain is wicked and wears a person out that is for sure and knee surgery is something that is slow to recover from and can knock the socks off of us.

Some people seem to do really well, but I think those of us with chronic illness have so much to cope with on a day to day basis that adding big things to our plate are be very wearing. Good luck with this procedure and let us know how it goes. Hang in there girl, that is what you are really good at, that is for sure. meirish