Author Topic: I got the vaccine  (Read 1094 times)

Jenny

I got the vaccine
« on: March 15, 2021, 04:54:29 AM »
I got the Johnson & Johnson, one shot vaccine on Friday here in Florida. Glad to report that neither my husband or myself had any side effects.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

meirish

Re: I got the vaccine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 01:49:18 PM »
I had the same vaccine about 11 days ago and I am glad cause eventually I will feel much safer out and about. When I am out and about at the 2 places I shop I have had the urge to go to other stores but I squelch that feeling. Guess I think I should stay at the two stores I go with pretty consistent customer base.

I always think if I get frisky I could end up subjecting myself to the unknown. Not that we are always safe in what we think are safer places. We have become a paranoid country

As a 78 year old I remember the polio epidemic vividly and how everyone stayed home and just going to the grocery store was scary. That epidemic reminded me in a way of this one---not as bad but with the same dangerous outcome much of the time. meirish

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 02:10:34 PM »
Ladies,

I opted for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine as well.  I felt so lucky just to get on the list.  It has been 7 days since I got it.  All I had was a little soreness in my arm at the site where they injected me.  I was nervous because I had started a bit of a flare before I even got the vaccine, but it didn?t make anything worse. 

I was afraid that if I didn?t take it, that maybe I?d have trouble getting it again.  So glad that you were able to get it and I cannot  wait til it is an option for all and readily available.

My husband got his first Pfizer 2 weeks ago but they will contact him for the second scheduling.  I hope it is all on time.

Hoping for lots of light at the end of this tunnel!!!!

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

Floridalady

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »
My husband and I got the Johnson and Johnson 10 days ago in Tampa, Florida. We live in Lakeland. We are super excited to have Easter with our children and grandchildren. Perfect timing 28 days for full effectiveness.

Jenny, what part of Florida are you in?

Anna

Carebear

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 01:49:34 PM »
We don't have the Johnson and Johnson vaccine in Canada yet.  I have my Pfizer/Moderna shoot scheduled for early April. It's my first.

My spouse is younger and has to wait. Maybe in May, for AstraZeneca shot.

Still, it will be business as usual for many, many more months. At least there is hope. We all need more of that don't we?

Wishing you all good health.  Now and in the future.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Jenny

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 04:04:03 AM »
Carebear, I just read that the US is going to share some of our excess vaccine with Canada, so maybe that will speed things up.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

Carebear

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 09:53:40 AM »
That's right, Jenny. We are being loaned 1.5 million doses by the U.S., but details still need to be worked out.  It is the AstraZeneca which may help out the people under 65. That's good news.  But it's a loan. We will need to repay when we get more vaccine.  That is very fair and considerate too. Thank you, America!

Coincidentally while I was sitting in the dentist chair just now, I received another email telling me that my second attempt for the first dose of Pfizer has been cancelled due to shortage. Again!  I could have balled but the hygienist walked in the room.

But I got on line a rebooked (3 times a charm, right?), and the appointment is now in late March. So even earlier. Problem here is that our health authourity system takes priority over pharmacies. So if we are short, pharmacies are shorted. It's tough for Canada because we are a significantly smaller country,  plus we do not manufacture vaccines here.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

jazzlover

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 02:47:18 PM »
FYI .. Please do research on the Astra Zeneca before doing that one.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease