Author Topic: pelvic pain and lower back too?  (Read 958 times)

trc1962

pelvic pain and lower back too?
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:36:27 PM »
Hi, I am experiencing pain in my pelvic area in the crease of my leg and pelvis, which I assume are ligaments. That started lightly a couple of days ago and today also my lower back and I have been quite stiff. I have never had these symptoms, at least not in that area. I woke up with bad pain this past Saturday near my right scapula that has faded and a couple of swollen fingers that are normal. I am an elementary p.e. teacher and I am on the floor a lot and I need to figure out what's going on and wonder if any of you deal with this? If so, what is it?

meirish

Re: pelvic pain and lower back too?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »
I have had a lot muscle pain, joint pain, etc and other pains. My most problematic pain is my tendons which raise a ruckus a lot of the time. I am going to have my 4th carpal tunnel surgery (will have had 2 surgeries in each arm then) plus I have had EMG and have nerve compression in left wrist and will probably need another surgery there also. I asked my doc how many of these can a person have????

I have pain and inflammation in tendons in arms and also had it in the achilles tendons. I would get out of bed carefully in the morning and not do much with my feet or legs except walk very carefully. The pain in heels and tightness would ebb by noon or so. I was so afraid of rupture of the achilles tendon. My son with autoimmune jumped out of bed and ruptured his achilles. Needed surgery and off work 6 months.

I don't mean to scare yoyo but want to tell you what my symptoms feel like. It took me years to figure out what was going on. Doctors had no clue. I will get feeling like I have a tight string or band running inside my arms and if I stretch my arms to pick up something, etc it will feel like this could break. I pulled a weed years ago with my left hand and had bad pain in my little finger. I can't bend that finger now.

My ortho surgeon told me that if I had gotten in immediately they could have done 2 surgeries that would have saved my finger function. I told him that inter was so small as it had shrunk in diameter and even looked weak. I felt that a surgery would not have saved it. It is documented that autoimmune diseases and Sjogrens especially have been noted to have tendon damage and inflammation.

For several years I have been aware that my arms were losing strength and muscles were shrinking as were my hands. The tendons give me pain off and on and shooting pain at times in area where the tendons are and insert. Do a search of images of arm tendons, etc and you will see where they are located. I also had bad pain in pelvis and lower back with my 3rd pregnancy and I think it was related to tendons as I look back on my symptoms.

I am 78 years old now and have had Sjogrens since at least 1964 but not diagnosed til 2003. So a person can live for years with it. But the darned Sjogrens can pester us and nickel and dime us to death.

Good luck and hope you get some answers. meirish

Jenny

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 04:48:41 AM »
I too have terrible tendon problems. I also get hip bursitis every year or two. Yesterday I had a cortisone injection in my quadricep due to extreme pain for months.  I have had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands. I don?t know in Sjogrens is to blame or not though.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

meirish

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:12:37 PM »
I am of the belief that it is the Sjogrens. If you do research on autoimmune disease you will find that many autoimmune diseases cause inflammation of the tendons. Sjogrens is well known for this problem. I worked as a nurse for many years and had all these ailments in various parts of the body and it took me a long time to do the research and figure out what was going on with my body. You will find info regarding tendonitis(which is what autoimmune causes only it can get pretty bad at times.

When I was pregnant with my third child I had to quit work at 5 months as I had such bad back pain and in my lower pelvis. MY doctor said I really needed to be in traction but I was about 7 mos pg so that was not an option. That doc had been doing blood work on me to check for lupus for several years. I was always negative and after all these years docs still do the blood work and I still come back negative even though the docs say they were sure I had it the minute I walked in at the first visit.

Anyway, that doc gave me a cortisone shot because it is relatively safe in the 3rd trimester. The sfort acting cortisone. I had not been able to lay down or sit for much of my pregnancy and had many other issues that I later learned were related to Sjogrens and Hashimotos. It really was terrible.

So, I will be having my 2nd carpal tunnel surgery right wrist soon and my other wrist failed the EMG and is needing its 3rd carpal tunnel surgery. I had a little finger rupture a tendon about 8 years ago so tendons are really something that I don't take for granted. Whenever I go to lift anything I always stop and think what I am doing and how I am lifting or if I can lift safely. Sooo, just take care of yourself. Take care. meirish

trc1962

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
I just posted about my kidney infection, and I suppose some of the back pain was from that, but maybe not all. We will see how I feel if I can survive the antibiotic!

meirish

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 10:52:26 PM »
That is for sure. The back can really hurt big time with a kidney infection. In fact, many people say that the back  pain comes before the pain in the abdomen and often the bladder. It seems to always be something doesn't it. Get well soon. meirish
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:54:28 PM by meirish »