Author Topic: Heart issues .. connection to Sjogren's?  (Read 1311 times)

jazzlover

Heart issues .. connection to Sjogren's?
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
I have had A-fib for about 13 years now. I was born with a heart murmur, which was never really an issue.

About 7 years ago  an echo revealed a thickening of the artery which leads out of the heart. (Aortic) I think someone here told me it was related to Sjogren's. So I'm wondering.

So today, my cardiologist could hear the heart murmur, which she says is either a sticky valve or a leaky valve. Oh great. Usually no doctors could ever hear it unless I was lying prone.

I will get another echo in about a month.

Any feedback or info??
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

jazzlover

Re: Heart issues .. connection to Sjogren's?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »
Thanks.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:51:30 PM »
I don't know if this issue is related to Sjogrens. Have you asked your doctor. Many people have problems with aortic valves, etc. I have a narrowing of the aorta called aortic stenosis and have to have an ultra sound every so often.The cardiology department keeps track of this and calls me when it is time for me to come in again.

The problems that I have been aware of with the heart related to the Sjogrens is neuro related and can affect the electric impulses in the heart muscle. Im sure there are probably more concerns also....seems like the Sjogrens has a lot of things that crop up all over the body and catches us off guard many times.

Hopefully someone will come along who can give you more information. Good luck with the next test. meirish

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 11:26:09 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Irish.

I could have sworn I saw a mention of it way back.

Oh well. Just have to take care of it.

meirish

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:39:38 AM »
You know, you could have seen something about the Sjogrens and the heart tissue/with other issues you well could have. The most things I remember seeing over the years is the neurological effect of the electrical system with the heart...defibrillators, pacemakers etc. However, being that the Sjogrens is a collagen disease there could be other issues that involve the tissues that could show up. CVould be I didn't read all the posts that days. Have you done a search on this forums regarding this?? Good luck. meirish

jazzlover

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 05:55:52 PM »
Just searched and came up with nothing.

I thought my cardiologist's NP mentioned it could be associated .. but she's no longer there. I have a new NP. I'll ask when I go back next time.

I will see my cardiologist in 6 months also .. not the NP.

(I do have A-fib, which could be associated with Sjogren's)

Spring

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »
Our son had covid 2 1/2 weeks ago and they are telling him yes, get the vaccine, but wait 90 days or more.