Author Topic: Weird surging/throbbing sensation in my arms  (Read 258 times)

Douglas

Weird surging/throbbing sensation in my arms
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:25:18 AM »
I hope everyone is well.

I have had this problem on and off for a while now and I was wondering if anyone else gets similar sensations and if this has a name. I would like to be able to explain the feeling better but it is a similar feeling to the side effects that I got when I took anti depressants years ago. I plan on telling the Rheumatologist about this at my next appointment in April which will be a phone appointment most likely the way things are at the moment.

Thanks

meirish

Re: Weird surging/throbbing sensation in my arms
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »
I don't know exactly what kind of issues this could be. Do you have numbness or pins and prickles in your arms and fingers. Have you noticed any pain in your back or neck. We can have some nerve pain that can come from our neck and back as we get older. I have a lot of issues in my arms but it is related to carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve compression. You need to check about this with your doctor and see if he has any tests that he might want to run to sort things out. Sometimes we have to put up with things for awhile and sometimes things will go away or get worse and then we have to make the move to find out what is going on. Keeps us busy doesn't it. Good luck. meirish

Douglas

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 07:33:35 AM »
Thanks. Doesn't look like it's a Sjogrens related thing, maybe anxiety or a trapped nerve.

meirish

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 04:42:23 AM »
It could be something related to Sjogrens but it is so darned hard for us stogies to find words to explain some of our symptoms. Maybe if you could come up with some other description it would even help jog the doctors memory. I have had this happen to me with symptoms for years. Drives me crazy trying to explain things. Good luck. meirish