Author Topic: Covid  (Read 298 times)

Confused

Covid
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:02:55 AM »
I saw my doctor  and asked her about the Covid vaccine.  Actually I went in for something else and had no intention of talking vaccines or any such thing.  I got one of those weird looks with a you are the first person who has not asked about the vaccine, but then again she knows me well.  The pneumonia shot took forever for me to recover from.

On the scary side she said one of the vaccines is known to occasionally cause anaphylactic shock and people code.  This seems to happen within a very quick time after the shot is given.  The good thing is that if it is taken care of the person is fine within minutes and can go home and there are no recurrences.  Just something to know.

She has had a shot but has not taken the second one yet.  She had no problems with the first shot.

Gorn

• Also known as Kevin
Re: Covid
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:32:57 PM »
I had a good talk with my rheumy about the vaccine a month or so ago.

He said sjogren's people are not at all crazy to have some concerns about the vaccine. But, if you live with others, it's kind of a no-brainer to get the vaccine in order to protect those you live with.

For most of us, and particularly those of us who have any lung involvement, there is much, much more to fear from getting Covid itself than from the vaccine.

I'm hoping for some feedback from people here when they do get vaccinated. Did it trigger a flare? Did it make your flare worse? Did it work as a miracle cure and now your autoimmune symptoms are gone and you're completely fine. (Kidding, I dream about such things.)

katie1111

Re: Covid
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 04:57:25 AM »
someone asked if covid vaccine triggered a flare - no.  I had the shot Friday, today is Monday and actually I am feeling quite well.  No reaction yet.

Katie1111