Author Topic: anyone else freezing?  (Read 481 times)

Confused

anyone else freezing?
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:52:04 AM »
I was wondering if anyone else is absolutely freezing.  This can be indoors at  75 degrees and does not involve going outside.  Now last summer I was I was cold enough that I was using the heat.  Lets say I have a very good and tolerant husband.
I know the cold has caused trouble for most in my area that have sjogren's or something similar but not to the extent I do.
I live in the Denver area where in the summer it can be 90's but drop to upper 50's or 60's.
Anyone else have trouble like this??  It is not my thyroid.  I had my thyroid removed 13 years ago and it has stayed the same reading each time the tests are run.
Thanks

Robi5

Re: anyone else freezing?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »
I?m like this too.  I?m very cold.   Do you perhaps have Raynauds?  I have this, and its the biggest cause of my feeling cold.  This condition is quite common for autoimmune diseases like ours.  Causes the hands and feet to lose blood and sensation, and then takes forever to warm up again.  I find if I keep my hands and feet warm, I feel less cold overall.

Confused

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:01:49 PM »
Thank you very much Rob15!

Yes, I have Raynauds and I'm grateful for your answer.

We have so many strange things (apart from the Covid) and it is hard enough trying to watch out for that and we are stay inside but our county decided to heck with it we could do as we please! 

Take care and thank you again.

meirish

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 11:46:36 PM »
I had been colder than is usual for me so far this winter. I was wrapped up in a big quilt so many evenings and often during the day also. I am now wondering,,,,I saw my internist in November for my Medicare wellness exam and my TSH was down around 0.50 and I was very adamant about having my levothyroxin dose decreased. He did it my way....guess he thought it was normal for me. I have only gone to him for less than 2 years and he saw me first right out of the hospital and I have had done thing after another...he is finally catching up to all of my ailments, ;D

Anyway. I went from 0.125 to 0.112 and I am wondering if the fact that I am not as cold as before is related. Time will tell. The one thing I have noticed though is that it is so darned humid this winter. A couple days we had humidity in the 90% which is really unusual for Minnesota. Hope everyone can stay warm this winter. meirish

Confused

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 09:08:02 PM »
Sorry you are so cold Irish, 

The humidity is here and that could be why I am having such a rough time.  Usually humidity is hard to find here.  Great for walking up with socks on and dragging a foot across the carpet and then touching someone.  :)  Only got my dog once and that was an accident but she was smart and watched my hubby and he never did get her no matter how hard he tried. 

I am now housebound as we are under watch for Covid. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:20:54 PM by Confused »

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 09:51:55 PM »
I'm often cold and attribute it to low BMI. Or maybe poor circulation? I find if my feet are cold, the rest of me is cold. To address this, I have microwavable booties (can also search microwavable slippers or socks) for when I'm hanging out in the living room and a heated floor mat (electricity) under my desk for work.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Hi  :)
Hypothyroidism can cause people to feel really cold. I cannot remember if any of you have thyroid problems or not but if you are on Synthroid or Thyroxine - your meds may need adjusted.

Just a thought.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

jazzlover

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 11:24:54 AM »
Vote #2 for checking the thyroid!! My husband has been cold forever (while I'm hot). I asked our doctor to please check it.

YEP. It's low!!

Insist that they check more than just the TSH. Too many cases are missed that way.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease