Author Topic: Salipen  (Read 505 times)

MJR1960

Salipen
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »
Hi!    I’ve read some older posts on here about Salipen.   I’ve been using mine for about a week and I think it’s working.    I’m also using pilocarpine 4 x daily and Xylamelts at night.     Does anyone have an update in their Salipen use?

bluegardenia

Re: Salipen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 10:14:21 AM »
I used it for a while and it was effective, I stopped when they put me on prednisone because I was better, mouth was less dry, but had  to stop it because of terrible heartburn so may be I will restart salipen
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:19:56 PM »
Hi!

I wanted to try Salipen but couldn?t get my dentist, medical doctor, or my Rheumatologist to order it for me!  They all three were skeptical, even after I told them that it was FDA approved, and tried to give them info on it.

Their reluctance made me question why I asked for it.  I?d be interested in more information from actual users.  My Rheumatologist thought it might be a scam😱. 

I?m not so sure. Sorry, I couldn?t help😞

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 05:23:59 PM »
What??? What is Salipen? Do you get it from a GP, Dentist or Rheumatologist?

Does it have less potential side effects than Salagen? (At first, I thought this was a typo...oops)

*Just looked it up. Has anyone tried it? I gather you need a prescription?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:30:43 PM by Nomad »
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Kathy57

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 11:10:33 PM »
Nomad,

Look up salipen online.  I believe it was invented in Israel.  I?ve been told you can just buy it overseas, without a prescription, but the USA makes you get a prescription for it. 

It is an oral device which uses electro stimulation to improve salivary flow.  It is FDA approved but many doctors (well all of my doctors) have never heard of it, and were loathe to write me out a scrip.  Honestly I feel that many of us are wanting to speak with people who have used it to get their take on it,

I could probably lean on one of my docs for a scrip, but I would really want to speak to more people who have tried it.  It is a bit pricey and I don?t think insurance will pay for it.

Kathy

62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

bluegardenia

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 03:34:51 PM »
I live in Italy, I could order it writing to the address that I found on line, I did not need any prescription, as I said I used it and found it useful. also my doctors do not know it but are interested to know if I find it useful. it is very expensive but I cannot use any med like salvaged or evoca so its the only option for me. I hope I gave you the answers
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Kathy57

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »
Bluegardenia,

Thanks for your input.  It is helpful.  Right now I?m far away from my home state and my doctors.  I?m with my husband in Houston Texas because he is going through a phase two cancer trial at MD Anderson.  We got off to a little rough start but he seems to be tolerating the meds pretty well and I am grateful for that.  We will be here for three months. 

This stress is not good for my Sjogrens but I?m coping with all my meds and sheer will.  When we return home I think I will seriously pursue getting one of my docs to write me a scrip for Salipen.  I have an appointment in April with my Medical Dr. and I think she might do it for me.  I don?t think it could hurt me.

I hope you are staying safe and healthy in Italy.  I visited Florence and Venice about 10 years ago and loved what I saw of your country.  The food was awesome!  After COVID is over I?d love to go back with my husband and maybe see Rome.

Stay safe and stay well.

Kathy