Author Topic: itching antihistaminic heart arrhythmia  (Read 218 times)

bluegardenia

itching antihistaminic heart arrhythmia
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:39:01 AM »
i have terrible itching due to hives on my neck. they gave me antihistaminic , with not great success but the fact is that due to heart arrhythmia I had to do a holter. the result came out with lots of extrasystoles that I never had before, I make a holter every 5 months since six years, and seems that its due to antihistaminic, as its said in the instructions inside the medicine. seems that all the antihistaminic have this side effect Anybody had the same reaction to that? I am so scared and desperate because cortisone creams do not help much  and orally I do not want to take more than a little cortisone. so? no solution??  my destiny relies on lyrica??
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

meirish

Re: itching antihistaminic heart arrhythmia
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:36:41 PM »
I would ask your cardiologist if they could put you on a pill that will prevent or decrease the irregularity when you are on antihistamines. If you were in ER and needed them I would bet they would give you IV meds to start and then change to oral antirhymic oral. Also, the steroids are helpful also.

The irregularity is a common side effect and unless it happens a lot or people have heart issues people seem to get through it. You need some input from a doc on how to deal with this if it is a common problem with the allergies. Just my humble opinion. meirish

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:37 PM »
Look into Mast Cell Activation Syndrome .. for one thing.

Secondly, there are many antihistamines you could try. I believe that Zyrtec can cause heart symptoms for some people. I have A-fib and it doesn't bother me.

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:06:06 PM »
I know that a lot of older people can't take Benedryl because it causes some heart irregularities. Have you tried Xyzol? This can be found in generic department at Walmart or any pharmacy. It has been on the market for more than 10 years but was quite expensive years ago. My immunologist ordered it for me because benedryl makes me fall asleep all the time. The Xyzol doesn't cause sleepiness and it works well. I take it whenever I start to itch cause if I don't the itching and rash can get quite bad. Good luck. meirish

bluegardenia

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »
thanks everybody I will give a try to xyzol, I  have another hotter now to see if the arrhythmias are still present without antihistaminic ( I am on cortisone...)
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds