Author Topic: Constipation  (Read 309 times)

SjoGirl

Constipation
« on: November 17, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »
Hi all, It's been a long time since I've been on the list. I started working FT again and even though I am working virtually I have been extremely busy.

For a long time I was doing fine but constipation, which is an old and unwelcome friend, is back. I know many with SJS suffer from the slow movement of food through their system, constipation, etc. What has worked for you?
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

sixty

Re: Constipation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:14:29 AM »
I take 1000 mgs. of magnesium daily.  It helps me.  I started taking it because my body was low in it and found out it helped with the constipation that comes along with taking opioids.

jazzlover

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
Magnesium for sure.

I also found that gluten and/or foods high in oxalates make constipation worse for some of us.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
The gluten free diet is very conducive to constipation. People don't take the time to make casseroles with tomatoes and vegetables along with the GF pastas, etc. It is very important to eat more fruits and vegetables no matter what the diet to decrease the constipation. meirish

SjoGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
Hi, Thanks all. I eat lots of fruit and veggies, oatmeal or brown rice cereal for breakfast, and have been eating GF for a long time. I think this was kicked off as a result of taking antibiotics for my Rosacea. I am getting a bit better with each day.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

meirish

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 09:22:22 PM »
 I have found that sweet potatoes are the bests fiber for me. The problem with this is not everyone likes sweet potatoes. :(  meirish