Author Topic: SalivaMax: my dentist recommended it.  (Read 352 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
SalivaMax: my dentist recommended it.
« on: October 26, 2020, 04:49:09 AM »
Dear Sjogren's Angels,

My dentist recommended SalivaMax, gave me some samples, and wants to prescribe it for me.

I've tried some of the samples, and didn't notice a big change.  But it may take time.

I don't think my RX ins. will cover the cost, however. 

I also take 30 mg of Salagen (pilocarpine a day).  And I use Xylimelts in situations where I don't want to be sipping water (exercising and playing bridge).

Any comments welcome.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: SalivaMax: my dentist recommended it.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 02:44:25 AM »
From what I've read about it, it isn't meant to increase saliva production, but to temporarily replace it.
Used as a rinse, it moisturizes the mucosa with an electrolyte solution similar to saliva, in other words, it relieves symptoms, but doesn't treat the condition.

The manufacturer does offer a patient assistance program, mentioned on their website
    forwardscience.com/salivamax   (edited to remove a sales site, I caught myself! LOL)
but I didn't find a link. You may have to search SalivaMax patient assistance

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 03:12:49 AM by Linda196 »
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: SalivaMax: my dentist recommended it.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 05:46:57 AM »
Thanks, Linda.

It's clear that it can't increase saliva production, and so far I don't see that it temporarily replaces saliva, either. 

But I'll keep trying the sample packets, I guess.  I do find the Xylimelts helpful.  Sugarfree gum helps, but I don't like chewing gum in public :-\

Elaine

Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-