Author Topic: Will taking ubiquinol and using a salipen affect my lip biopsy?  (Read 227 times)

samcabbage

Will taking ubiquinol and using a salipen affect my lip biopsy?
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm a 22 year old woman who suspects I have Sjogren's, as both my eyes and mouth are very dry and have been for about 2 years. I've tested negative on all my blood tests so I'm going to be having a lip biopsy. The problem is, the ENT is so booked that the biopsy will happen all the way in December. I can't wait that long- my dry mouth is extreme and has been bothering me for quite a while now. I started taking Ubiquinol last week (I've tried pilocarpine, cevimeline and a bunch of drugstore dry mouth products already but nothing works very well) and am looking to buy the Salipen soon. I'm going to be starting a new job in a few weeks  and it's in retail so I can't be drinking water every five minutes like I usually do; I feel really anxious and want to alleviate my dry mouth asap especially since I've been having dental problems. Which leads me to: does anyone know if the ubiquinol and salipen affect the lip biopsy and make my salivary glands appear "normal" when they're not? Any help is much appreciated :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:35:36 PM by samcabbage »

meirish

Re: Will taking ubiquinol and using a salipen affect my lip biopsy?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »
You know, I can't remember that long ago as to when I had mind done. If you are wondering you could call the doctors nurse and she could answer your question I would think.

When I had my biopsy done I had negative blood work for about 20 years. I absolutely shocked my ENT when it was positive. About 2 years after that IU was in a Sjogrens study at the University and my blood work was positive also. What a shock. The blood work has waffled back and forth from positive to negative, etc but my immunologist told me once you are positive that seals the diagnosis. He said it is very common for the blood work to change like that.

Just a little info that you may find yourself wondering about some time. Good luck. meirish