Author Topic: Sweating  (Read 228 times)

araminta

Sweating
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:02:37 AM »
Not a pleasant subject, but wondering if others have this problem much more at times of stress?

I have had a bereavement in the past fortnight and have a lot of admin to do as well as the usual stress in this situation.   I find I am having sweats almost every night at the moment (used to just be sporadic, not nearly so often).   They started to be this frequent at the time of the bereavement, so I think it's almost certainly related, but thought I'd seek your opinions.   This has nothing to do with menopause by the way.

Thank you.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

Liz D.

Re: Sweating
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »
I have night sweats when I am in a flare.  Stress like you are going through can certainly cause a flare.

Liz D.
56 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin

Jenny

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 04:26:51 AM »
When under stress, only my forehead will be dripping with sweat. Very annoying and ruins my hair.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

araminta

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 06:16:46 AM »
Thank you for your replies, Liz and Jenny.

I don't feel I'm in a flare in the way some people here describe it, I  don't have lots of extra symptoms, just this darned sweating at night.   I think it must be the stress.  ::)
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

meirish

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:02:08 PM »
It very well could be stress, however, if it doesn't go away in what you consider a reasonable length of time you may want to rule out an infection of some kind. There are many infections that one can have that is not related to a flu or colds, etc.  Also , there are other health issues that have night sweats as one of there primary symptoms. Just a thought. You know your body so just have to wait and see I would think. Good luck. meirish

araminta

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 03:48:45 AM »
Thank you very much Irish, I appreciate your point that night sweats can also be a sign of possibly more serious problems.   I will see how things go, but as I mentioned, apart from this I don't seem to have any other extra symptoms (just the dozen or so usual ones  :) ).