Author Topic: Saliwell device to increase saliva  (Read 11946 times)

helloz

Re: Saliwell device to increase saliva
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
I ordered a new device called ClearUp several months ago that also uses electrostimulation but targets the sinuses.  I used it some at first but didn't notice anything positive, so stopped using it but maybe I stopped to soon.  Now I am giving it another try using it once per day.  I'll try to keep using it for a while and let you know how it goes.

ghostkiwi

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »
Update
I?ve been only tentatively using the saliwell device cause it just hurts trying to put it in and take it out of my mouth. I?m supposed to see the dentist next month and hopefully she can help me out, because I do think it?s beneficial. Even using it a little has made a difference. I don?t have normal amounts of saliva again, like I can?t spit, but I do have more saliva. I can sleep without waking up in the night to get a sip of water because my mouth is so dry. And my parotid glands are definitely not as swollen, which is a big thing for me cause I have chronic parotitis and I usually have a few bouts where it gets really bad each year so I?d like to see if the device can help keep those bouts at bay. I?m gonna keep using it and trying to figure out mouth placement and I?ll update again.
25 years old, Sjogren's, Syncope, chronic parotitis, Anemia, Pinched nerves in Neck, arthritis, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Evoxac, Triamterene-HCTZ (for potential Meniere's Disease), Vitamin B 5, Iron Supplements, Restasis, Lotemax, artificial tears, traumeel, arnica

zhengren111

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
looking forward to ur update.thanks

ghostkiwi

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »
I went to the dentist today. The Salipen device instructions say to lift the tongue and slide the device under the tongue so the prongs hit the gums by the molar area and then to rest the tongue on top and close the mouth. My dentist said the reason it was causing me so much pain was because my tongue is positioned differently in my mouth than most people. My tongue rests below my gumline, so when I tried putting it under my tongue I was hitting too deep and getting the softer more delicate tissue instead of the firmer tissue further up. My dentist said I should just reach the gums by going above my tongue instead of below. Which is perfect and doesn?t hurt at all. If anyone chooses to get it, I recommend working with your dentist to find the right placement for you because the wrong place is very painful. I?m going to start using it everyday and I?ll keep posting updates.
25 years old, Sjogren's, Syncope, chronic parotitis, Anemia, Pinched nerves in Neck, arthritis, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Evoxac, Triamterene-HCTZ (for potential Meniere's Disease), Vitamin B 5, Iron Supplements, Restasis, Lotemax, artificial tears, traumeel, arnica

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2020, 07:59:56 AM »
Update
....because I do think it?s beneficial. Even using it a little has made a difference. I don?t have normal amounts of saliva again, like I can?t spit, but I do have more saliva. I can sleep without waking up in the night to get a sip of water because my mouth is so dry. And my parotid glands are definitely not as swollen...

Hi Ghost Kiwi,
So that's great news  :) :) :) !!
Hopefully it works even better now the dentist helped fit it properly. Looking forward to your next update!

Kind regards,
Maria
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:01:27 AM by Maria3667 »
52. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

bluegardenia

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »
my saliwell device arrived two days ago but I did not try it because I am scared of it....
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

bluegardenia

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
I gave it a try this night and today. I do not know if its in the right position but I believe I felt something nice. anyway its quite painful. I will take it to my dentist next week
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

bluegardenia

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »
I used it four times and I think that it works. I usually doubt of everything so when I felt some liquid saliva under my tongue I thought that may be the simple and unpleasant touch of the little electrodes could make the effect but no. if I keep it turned off it does not have the same effect. I feel a strange salty  metallic taste on the right side of the mouth, is the same for the other users of salipen??

Maria3667

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
Hi Blue,

Thank you for giving us an update!
I'm so exited to read your positive results  :)

So this could mean the nerve(s) involved in creating saliva are somehow malfunctioning and are being jolted into action again. This sheds a new level of understanding on our pathology!

Only thing withholding me from buying one is the price!

Please keep us informed!

Kind regards,
Maria
52. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

bluegardenia

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2020, 07:14:07 AM »
just to tell that, on my experience saliwell works even if I do not use it as they suggest because my problem in these last days is a terrible itching that make me crazy

Maria3667

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »
just to tell that, on my experience saliwell works even if I do not use it as they suggest because my problem in these last days is a terrible itching that make me crazy

Hi Blue,
Thanks for your update!

Do you mean itching where the device touches the roof of your mouth? Or all over your body? Possibly it's only a temporary effect.

Kind regards,
Maria

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
Dear friends,

I asked my dentist, Rheumatologist,  and medical doctor, if they had heard of this device and could I try it?  All I needed was a prescription, but no one would write one because they felt it might be a scam!  Anyway, I told them it was FDA approved but in the US I need a prescription.  I told them in Europe they don?t need one.

One of my docs said that Europe is always ?ahead of us?.  But each Doctor told me to ask the other for the scrip!  So I didn?t really push it.  Needless to say I gave up on it.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

bluegardenia

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 04:45:02 PM »
Maria itching started one year and a half ago and its not related to saliwell. with winter it just got worse but no relation with  the device.
Kathy, i ordered the device on the site of it and it arrived almost two months after directly from Israel. I did not ask any advice to my doctors, I just ordered it. I must say that it costs a lot of money and I had to pay  another lot for the custom because it arrives from outside Europe.

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2020, 12:29:23 AM »
Blue,

I?m glad that you had no trouble getting the device but since I live in the states, I need a prescription because of the FDA approval.  My docs were loathe to write me one.  None of them were familiar with the device and I tried to give them the info I found, but they seemed to think it wasn?t worthwhile because they had never heard of it.

I thought my Rheumatologist might give me a script but all he said was that he would ?look at the info?. 
So I felt very unsure of myself.  I stopped pushing it but if more people like it, I?d be willing to insist on a script.  Until then my Evoxac will have to do.

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.