Author Topic: COVID-19 "long-haulers"? Auto-immune??  (Read 1288 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: COVID-19 "long-haulers"? Auto-immune??
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »
Hi  :)

I fear some of this thread is getting close to political.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

meirish

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »
I'm sorry, I did not at all mean to set off a war. I was just making an observation. I was not thinking in a political way at all. I'll be more careful. meirish

SjoGirl

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
Hi all,

To the original questions I too believe I may have had Covid in March. My spouse and I were both ill quickly and were quite unwell though did not have fevers, major coughs, etc. It may have been another virus, given that lack of quality antibody testing (which I hope to have as part of a community-based study taking place in my region) I assume I had something and it did set off a flare.

I have also for some time been having issues with right ankle including my foot collapsing on me. I had a steriod injection last Friday which has helped a great deal, not just with my foot but all over.

As for COVID and autoimmune diseases, about 10% of sufferers are showing LT impact that mimics an AI. There are few doctors working on this, just one in NYC who is seeing countless patients. He is trying to convince others to sit up and take notice.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

jazzlover

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 08:02:51 PM »
Science points to this virus is not man made but that it occurred because of wild animals kept in unsanitary conditions in the Wuhan marketplace.  They are thinking it transferred from bats to humans.  I don?t believe in conspiracy theories. 

Anyways, it is here😱

Kathy
There was an article from the New York Times (I believe it was) that said the first case was traced to Hong Kong. I'm not sure I believe that, but just throwing it out there.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

meirish

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 08:38:24 PM »
They are finding vasculitis (small inflamed capillaries) in the lungs on post morteum and this is why they are giving the steroids as one of the first meds along with the one drug that is given for autoimmune disease. It is a new drug that seems to be working well. I would be curious to see what other meds.

They are also giving blood thinners as one of the things people were dying from was blood clots. That broadway star Nick Cordevo, or how ever you spell it, just recently died from the civid at age 41. He had to have one leg amputated due to a blood clot that cut off his circulation. I'm sure there are a lot of other things that they haven't written about yet that will come out after more research. What a virus this is. It would have probably destroyed the whole human race back in the old, old days. meirish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
I agree with irish, because I do research too. Just try sometime typing in (banned videos on covid vaccine).
Susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 09:29:32 PM »
I think there are very nefarious things with virus going on. It sure isn't a regular virus. We have to be carefu! What those over us want to add to our own DNA.
Susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

SabbraCadabra

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »
I'm now reading some stuff from June-July, and some are saying that Covid is re-activating dormant EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus, which causes mononucleosis).
I had a REALLY bad case of mono in my teens, so there could be something to this...

Firstly apologies to SabbraCadabra for getting away from her original question here.

Oh, that's fine, I was secretly wondering too.
I am a boy, though :)