Author Topic: soft tissue.neck question  (Read 450 times)

trc1962

soft tissue.neck question
« on: July 04, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »
Hi and happy 4th to all! It will definitely be a quiet one at my house but that's okay. I have posted lately with some soft tissue issues, a plantar plate tear with subluxing toe and a partial rotator cuff tear and both are doing better. My neck pops and cracks lately so much, no pain though just so much noise when I move my head. I wonder about loose ligaments or something? I am 57 and I am in pretty good shape and I have never had loose joints in my life or had injuries. Any ideas? The neck thing started a day or so after the rotator tear...

sixty

Re: soft tissue.neck question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
I don't know if your connective tissue is involved, but Sjogrens is a connective tissue disease.

meirish

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:51:09 AM »
Have you been doctoring with these issues? Maybe you could ask your doc to check out diseases that deal with loose joints, etc. Yes Sjogrens can affect tendons anywhere in body and cause all sorts of things but I don't know what they look for in the loose joints relating to other health issues. Good luck and take care. meirish

trc1962

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 09:25:55 AM »
Because the neck thing is new I haven't doctored in this area yet. My rheummy can't see me until end of month, so I am going to describe it to my new primary and see if he can take a look at it and refer me on if neccessary. My mom has had her back fused completely twice as her ligaments are loose and maybe it is genetic. She also has seronegative RA and has been on methotrexate for a month now and feels better. I just don't want to get to where she is and desire to be proactive in every way I can. Thanks to all.

meirish

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:09:26 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to check with your primary. Youo might also go to an warm, Nose and throat doc as they treat issues with the neck. There are blood vessels, lymph nodes, salivary glands, etc in the neck area. Good luck. meirish

trc1962

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »
The primary said everyone's neck cracks sometimes (on a phone appointment) and it's normal. If it cracked and popped a few times a day it would be normal, mine does it a lot more. Maybe I could try the ear, nose and throat. Thanks.