Author Topic: Pain and Swelling  (Read 533 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Pain and Swelling
« on: December 27, 2019, 08:58:12 PM »
I have pain and lots of swelling by my left ear on my face area. It hurts when I open and close my mouth. It's also swollen down under that side of my jaw too.

Can't get to my doctor until Tuesday.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Pain and Swelling
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
Do what you can to take care of yourself (((feel better soon))).
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

araminta

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
It sounds like maybe TMJ problems?   Ice can help bring down the swelling. 

I hope you feel better soon.
Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 10:46:10 AM »
It could be swollen salivary glands. Try some warm compresses or heat that isn't too hot plus drink fluids and then massage gently. Sometimes this helps to open the ducts in the glands so that they are able to drain a little. I have been having swelling in front of my right ear that goes down below my ear. It is my swollen glands again. I am able to one my mouth but have had times when eating was painful in past years.

I sit with a heating pad around the back of my neck and onto the side of my face for several hours on very low heat and covered with a towel. This really helps and prevents burning. Good luck. Irish

susanep

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »
Thank you Joe, araminta, and irish.
I will be trying these things. My husband started looking up things and thought I had the mumps. I was born in 1953 so we didn't have a shot for that then, and all my siblings had it but me.You don't hear of that much now though. It is probably the salivary glands since having sjogrens.
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

susanep

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »
After I did the massage last night then this morning it felt better.

susanep