Author Topic: For those that have dentures. What do you use to hold them in place?  (Read 733 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
I was at the VA dentist this morning. I have seven teeth left in my upper mouth. Four of those have cavities. He thinks they should all be pulled as I have no matching chewing surfaces. I would get an upper denture. How to keep it in place with out tearing skin may be an issue.

For the lower jaw, just a couple need work or pull. I have 8 teeth there and he is recommending a wire partial that would lock onto my exisiting teeth.

I hope to be able to chew food in 6-8 months. I think it would help my digestion.

Since we are not allowed to name prodcuts a private message would be nice if you have found something that works well for you.

Tell me your story here please.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: For those that have dentures. What do you use to hold them in place?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:57:32 PM »
Joe, I have both upper and lower and I use the Walmart brand denture adhesive. It works just fine. The important thing is to just start out putting a small amount of adhesive is. Sortr of at the back here you last 2 molars are and in the front.I put some above the front 2 teeth or so and run it up onto the roof of the denture...but not very far. I learned that this helps keep the dentures in better ands keeps them from sliding.

When I first started using the adhesive I used way too much and I could not get my teeth out. They were locked on., Had to hold warm coffee in my mouth in order to soften the glue and pull the teeth out. I spend 24 hours several time without cleaning dentures cause I couldn't get them out. I have had dentures since 2004 and don't even think much about them. I can eat sweet corn. The only thing that is really a problem is caramel candy and it you suck it ands are patient you can manage to swallow it....and then you have to ale your dentures out and clean them. ;D

I had a wire partial on top years ago. I was so happy to have my teeth pulled cause I lived at the dentist and had pain and infections and a empty billfold. Good luck Joe. Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: For those that have dentures. What do you use to hold them in place?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
Thank you Irish.I am not paying for these but I do have to wait in line for access. I hope to hear Wednesday what I am getting and when. It seems to take forever.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism