Author Topic: Sjogren?s and alcohol  (Read 791 times)

Evamarie0923

Sjogren?s and alcohol
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »
I have been diagnosed with Sjogren?s for 10 years. I am a weekend drinker and never had a problem with that. Recently when I drink any alcohol ( wine or mixed drinks), I am so sick after 2 drinks that I?m in the bathroom for the rest of the evening throwing up. Does this happen to anyone else?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Sjogren?s and alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »
I do not drink because of the medications that i am on. Alcohol does dehydrate your body which would make you sick if you had problems with being dry to begin with. When you get a hang-over it is often that you are dehydrated. If after you consume alcohol you drink a lot of water, you can reduce or eliminate the hang-over. Chakra alignment tones will also reduce or eliminate a hangover if you do them before you drink alcohol.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Sjogren?s and alcohol
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »
Dear Evamarie,

I'm sorry you are having this experience.   Are you on any new medications?   I don't think that Sjogren's has the effect you are talking about, as a general rule.

There are several conditions that combined with alcohol can cause diarrhea.  I read about this in the article linked below:

https://www.healthline.com/health/diarrhea-after-drinking-alcohol

Excerpt:

Who has a higher risk for experiencing diarrhea after drinking alcohol?

People with bowel diseases are more prone to experiencing alcohol-induced diarrhea. This includes:

celiac disease
irritable bowel syndrome
Crohn’s disease

This is because their already sensitive digestive tracts are especially reactive to alcohol, which can worsen their disease symptoms, typically causing diarrhea.

Perhaps you should see a gastroenterologist and talk about this new symptom, which could be indicating that you need medical attention.

Regards,  Elaine

Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol