Author Topic: Saliwell device to increase saliva  (Read 11889 times)

janny

Re: Saliwell device to increase saliva
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
Sharon, no, I tried, the guy told me to go to Europe to get it!! LOL

Sharon

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 07:26:56 AM »
Strange...on their site they have an option button for Canada and U.S. orders.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

janny

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »
I know this threat is 2-3 years old, but I wanted you all to know that I live in the US and had written to Dr. Andy Wolff, who came up with this Salipen device, and expressed interest. I just got an email from him yesterday telling me it has been approved by the FDA in the US ad is now available for purchase. It can be purchased on saliwell.com/about-saliwell/. I am going to purchase one and will let you all know how it works.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:33:48 AM by Linda196 »

markt

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 06:35:11 AM »
I heard the same, please read below...

On another note, has anyone had a DMD or Neurologist express an opinion on this device, and/or lingual nerve stimulation?

I know Allergan came out with TruTear, which uses electrical pulses to stimulate nueral responses and subsequent tear production... 

V/r,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 5:56 PM
To: Mark CIV USN FLTREADCEN SE JAX FL (USA) <@navy.mil>
Cc: 'Ben Z. Beiski' <bbeiski@saliwell.com>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] RE: U.S.A. SaliPen purchase

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your interest in our device.

In the US, FDA has authorized the SaliPen device as a prescription device. That means that we can sell the device to patients that send us a valid prescription issued by a dental practitioner or by a physician. (In other parts of the world, e.g. in Europe, SaliPen is an over-the-counter device, meaning that it can be sold without prescription.)

Thus, in order to proceed with your purchase, please do as follows:

1-    Get a valid prescription from a dental practitioner or a physician.  Dental practitioners are either dentists or hygienists or dental therapists. However, in many states, only dentists are allowed to provide prescriptions. The prescribed device should be identified as "SaliPen". The use should be "up to 5 times a day, each time up to 5 minutes".

2-    If needed, inform your dental practitioner or physician that may not be familiar with SaliPen, as this is a novel product. For this purpose, we are attaching to this e-mail materials that may be helpful for them (and also for you) to make an assessment:

a.    A brochure (one pager)

b.    The clinician manual

c.    The user manual

We recommend to pay special attention  to page 2 of both manuals, where the contraindications and the precautions are detailed.

3-    Send us the valid prescription. You can use any of the following ways:

a.    As a scanned document or a file attached to an e-mail

b.    By fax to our fax at +972-77-353-4338

c.       Photographed and attached to a text or a WhatsApp  message to the telephones: +972-50-725-6338 or +972-50-880-1852

If you use the fax or the cellphone, kindly inform us by mail after having sent the prescription.

4-      Order a device at the web page: https://www.saliwell.com/tranzila-page/

Your dental practitioner or physician or yourself are mostly welcome to approach us and request more information or scientific literature..

Best regards,

Saliwell managers (Dr. Andy Wolff and Ben Z. Beiski)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 07:11:55 AM »
Wow, I, of course, had to do some research.   I found this from an Israeli dentist/research guy.

https://www.dentaltown.com/magazine/article/7456/electrostimulation-and-xerostomia

This is the conclusion:

Intraoral electrostimulation of the lingual nerve produces an overall incentive of the nerves controlling salivary function by both afferent and efferent fiber stimulation. This type of nerve activation can potentially provoke regeneration of damaged salivary gland tissue, like in postradiation and Sjögren’s syndrome patients. In fact, clinical studies have shown that in patients without any salivary output lingual nerve stimulation led to regaining their ability to spit saliva.8,1

I can't wait to hear from someone on our forum about how it is working for them.

It does seem complicated to get one. 

I guess it has to be 'charged' some how? 

I wonder how it 'feels'.

So many questions, as you can tell.

To be continued.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »
This is very interesting. I don't know if any of yoyo have noticed but when you research the cause and symptoms of Sjogrens the articles will often state that the neurological issues are often the first to show up. This will be interesting to track over the years as it could well be both inflammatory of glands and nerves or a double whammy that causes the problems with the production of saliva.....we'll see what shows up with the eyes and the "tears". Irish

Just out of curiosity, how many people with Sjogrens have a history of head injuries (central nervous system (neurological) prior to developing the disease. Just a thought.

Alan

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
Any updates on people using the Salipen?  How long does the effect last with satisfactory saliva after you use it?  On the Saliway website, it stated that for some the effect lasted all day, and for some only 1 hour.  The average being 3 hours.   They say that you reach maximum affect after 8 months (I guess that means it can get progressively better). 

Has anyone used this along with Evoxac, so that you can have good saliva throughout the day?  Evoxac works pretty good, only that it does not last a very long time.   

I have a Salipen on order and hope to have it in two weeks. I will post my results after I start.  The Salipen appears to be a very promising alternative without side effects.  The Saliwell company is also working on an oral fake tooth implant that continuous generates saliva.

Sharon

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:32 PM »
I can't comment on the Saliwell device,
but as far as the TRUTEARS device I heard it does increase tears, but they are inflammatory tears and therefore useless to us or worse.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Maria3667

• Cultivating a 'dry' sense of humor.
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how many people with Sjogrens have a history of head injuries (central nervous system (neurological) prior to developing the disease. Just a thought.

Hi Irish,
Interesting thought! I had epilepsy as a kid, until approx 7 or 8 years of age ('grand mal' seizures). Does that qualify??
52. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Maria3667

Updates on Saliwell device to increase saliva??
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 12:58:53 AM »
Hi guys,

Can anyone give an update on the use of the Saliwell device (Salipen)?
52. DES-daughter ('67), Lyme's ('98), GAD ('98), Sjogren's ('02), hypothyroid ('04), endometriosis ('14), osteoarthritis ('16), blepharitis ('18), frozen shoulder ('19). Pilocarpine, thyroid meds, 25mg quetiapine, 5% testosterone. Allergies: sodium hydroxide, nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

ghostkiwi

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2020, 04:04:15 AM »
I?ve gotten a prescription from my dentist and plan on ordering it this week. I?ll post how it goes! None of my dentists or doctors had ever heard of it so I?m the first trial for them. I hope it goes well, and I can recommend it to my dentist/doctors other patients. I?m only 25 so this could really improve my outlook and quality of life moving forward. My teeth don?t have cavities yet or so I?m told, but they are all very sensitive and painful and my dentist just keeps saying to get more fluoride, but if I had more saliva I?d feel less anxious about losing all my teeth. I can?t even get through the night without waking up because my mouth is so dry. Evoxac/salagen did very little for me.
25 years old, Sjogren's, Syncope, chronic parotitis, Anemia, Pinched nerves in Neck, arthritis, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Evoxac, Triamterene-HCTZ (for potential Meniere's Disease), Vitamin B 5, Iron Supplements, Restasis, Lotemax, artificial tears, traumeel, arnica

Maria3667

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »
Hi Ghostkiwi (love the name!),

That's great news! Hope you get the device soon and will be able to enlighten us about it's effects. Many of us are desperate for a solution but the price of the Salipen is a deterrent. Please keep us updated?  :)

And yes, it's of utmost importance to you to have sufficient saliva flow at your age. At the time I didn't even know I had Sjogren's and I've had to foot the bill later in life for multiple dental repairs (not to mention the pain and discomfort!). So at your age the expense might we'll be worth the investment.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:32:26 PM by Maria3667 »

saliwell

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2020, 10:38:16 AM »
Hello Maria and all on this thread.
I'm a research assitant working with Dr. Andrew Wolff, SaliPen device inventor. It seems indeed that very few heard of SaliPen, doctors or patients so I believe it may benefit the community to provide some of the latest information here:
  • SaliPen is the latest generation of Dr. Wolff's invention. There were earlier versions using a mouth guard and a remote. SaliPen however is very easy to use anytime anywhere
  • SaliPen works by electrostimulation. The electrical pulses are ususally not felt by most users. Some users report a minor sensation. Electrical stimulating of human organs has been known and used for many decades, however this is the first time ever this method is applied to the salivary glands
  • As a result of the stimulation the glands secret saliva naturally, very much on the spot, or on the spit should I say  :)
  • There are even more good news: When you regularly use SaliPen to stimulate your salivary glands, they become more active even at times when they are not being stimulated by the SaliPen device. That means that constant and persistent use of SaliPen ends up in higher secretion of saliva in general, even when the device is not used to electro-stimulate the salivary glands. This natural behavior of human organs to ?learn? is known to scientists. For people who suffer from dry mouth because their salivary glands do not function or have low function, this is very encouraging. It means that some functionality can be restored by regular, long term electrostimulation
  • As mentimoed aerlier in this thread, SaliPen was recently approved for use in the USA by the FDA , pending a prescription (no prescription is required outside the USA)
  • Saliwell Ltd is selling the SaliPen device on the website directly to users and after a period of out-of-stock due to high demand it is now available again
  • Cost: it seems that the various dry mouth help products are not cheap. The cost of about 3 months of a general dry mouth wash for example, is equivalent to the cost of a SaliPen device
  • SaliPen has no side effects and unlike all other dry mouth help products, it does not treat the symptoms. It treats the source of the problem - salivary glands functionality
Dr Wolff is receiving positive feedback from SaliPen users, some of which is posted https://saliwell.com/testimonials/ on the SalIPen website https://saliwell.com/, where you will also find clinical evidence and research papers  https://saliwell.com/clinical-evidence/
Dr Wolff and myself have been working to inform people and communities suffering from dry mouth about the SaliPen device as we believe it is a breakthrough that can improve the quality of life for many. Hope I was able to help with this information. If you can, please spread the word as well.
Wish you all the best, Yoram
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:07:59 AM by Linda196 »

ghostkiwi

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
Hey everyone!

My device has finally arrived today! The company was very helpful. There was something wrong with their ordering site when I tried to order and it took several tries for me to be able to successfully order one. I got a call from Israel from the creator and I worked with him to try to solve the issues(I know a lot of people in here are 2-3 times my age and trying to deal with that might have been less than ideal so I tried to make sure it was all in functioning order).

It was mailed out on April 30 and made its way to my house in the states today May 27 so almost a month wait but that?s probably got to do with the current pandemic. As it only took things 10 days to get to Japan when I lived there.

Something I don?t like is that the battery cover is hard to get off. Definitely not arthritis friendly. I have to use a thin tipped flathead screwdriver to pop it open. But it says the battery is good for about 6 months use so only something that needs to be done 2-3 times a year.

I have just tried using the product and I?m wondering if there is something I?m doing wrong because it really hurts my gums. The packaging says to try two methods until the gums adjust but I tried both and neither was super helpful. If I place it a certain way I can feel the electric pulse, it doesn?t hurt just a little tingly vibrating sensation. Trying to take it out of my mouth is even more painful. But I can tell that the positioning in the mouth and the tongue position matter and I?m going to keep trying over the course of this week to see if I can get it to fit comfortably in my mouth. That being said, after my first use I feel like I might have slightly more saliva maybe nothing major...I guess that?s something I should measure for scientific accuracy as opposed to general feeling maybe? Maybe it?s too late as I?ve already used it. Well I?ll try and see how the results change even just with continued use. Also normally my parotid glands are always slightly swollen from backed up saliva, but currently they aren?t. Coincidence maybe but I?ll keep you guys up to date.

If anyone else that uses it has tips on mouth placement that would be great.
25 years old, Sjogren's, Syncope, chronic parotitis, Anemia, Pinched nerves in Neck, arthritis, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Evoxac, Triamterene-HCTZ (for potential Meniere's Disease), Vitamin B 5, Iron Supplements, Restasis, Lotemax, artificial tears, traumeel, arnica

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:12 PM »
Ghost Kiwi,

If you could keep us up to date on how this is working out for you, I?m sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I talked to my dentist about this and she has no real experience or knowledge about this device.  She was hesitant to give me a scrip without more information.

I know I could insist on the scrip but really before I do that I would like to talk to someone who is actually using it.  You would be doing everyone of us a great service by keeping us updated on your experience.

Thanks in advance!🤗

Kathy

62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.