Author Topic: How I Recovered from Sjogren's - The Link to Blog  (Read 21503 times)

Lindabridge

Re: How I Recovered from Sjogren's - The Link to Blog
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
Chris,

The first installment of your protocol arrived today-- L-Glutamine and the probiotic.  I will hold off on the cocktail until all the ingredients arrive, but I took the probiotic with dinner. 

Will update you accordingly. 

Linda
Relapsing Polychondritis,Secondary Sjogren's, Acid Reflux,Osteoporosis, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Losartan HCTZ, Acidophilus,Omega 3, D3, Calcium, B12, Restasis

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »
Thank you for posting this interesting information, Chris.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
Just wanted people to be aware that taking these minerals can sometimes cause some issues. High levels of calcium can interfere with the heart rhythm and be potentially fatal. Magnesium can be dangerous for people with Myasthenia gravis to take as it can cause increased weakness.

It really is prudent to check with doctors before starting these OTC meds that are natural for our body. We can get into big trouble. I just read an article about the number of serious side effects and deaths caused by OTC meds that people take without medical supervision. Good luck--just want people to be safe. Thanks. Irish

chrisr

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2016, 05:31:34 AM »
I totally agree with Irish on checking with your doctor first before trying any natural healing protocol.  Also keep in mind that I have my CMP blood work done every 6 months so I can see if my calcium levels are OK.  So far my blood work has been perfect.

Lindabridge

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
Just as Chris modified Hannah Joseph's protocol so that it fit his own needs, we can do the same.  I'm already taking a CalMagZinc supplement, and have done so for years because of my low bone density. My doctors have told me it's perfectly safe for me. The Vitamin C will also help me, and I've taken it in the past with no side effects.  Years ago, I took some of these amino acids, but not all of them, and the worst thing that happened to me was that NOTHING HAPPENED.  This particular probiotic is new to me, but so far I have not imploded or exploded.  We will see.  I haven't had any rashes in two days which is a good sign.

But, I agree  that if you have a complicated medical situation, you should definitely consult your doctor first. 
Relapsing Polychondritis,Secondary Sjogren's, Acid Reflux,Osteoporosis, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Losartan HCTZ, Acidophilus,Omega 3, D3, Calcium, B12, Restasis

Sharon

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
Concerning the Vitamin C....isn't 4g a bit much?  :o
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

SabbraCadabra

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 05:56:56 AM »
There's a lot of truth to this. I've had LPR for as long as I've had Sjogren's symptoms (probably not a coincidence), and being on PPIs for about a month did much more harm than good. Lower carb intake (neo-paleo) and higher acid production really does work miracles. I wasn't able to find HCL when I checked at the store, so I just tried swigging lemon juice instead, and now I always make sure I have it in stock.I feel like finding ways to produce more saliva also helps a little, as it has lots of digestive enzymes in it.

I also have ASD, which is highly co-morbid with leaky gut, and began to have allergic reactions to gluten. I was doing some research on leaky gut, probiotics, and candida, but your research goes a bit beyond what I was able to find. I guess it's not surprising that all of this stuff ties together.

Kind of disappointing to see the length of time it takes to see improvements, but any hope is better than no hope. I'm going to have to dedicate myself to some of these steps.

bluegardenia

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 07:44:37 AM »
sorry to disturb, im probably stupid but i cannot find any name in chris blog for the probiotic...
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

hopeforall

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 11:00:57 PM »
@Bluegardenia:
Chris has uploaded a photo incase you get the same brand in Europe.

swansonvitamins.com/swanson-probiotics-ultimate-probiotic-formula-3-pack-3-30-ct-bottles-veg-drcaps?otherSize=SWL024

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:09:19 AM by Linda196 »
27 Years old: Seronegative: Dry Eyes(Bilateral Blepharitis due to MGD), Neuropathy in hands/feet, Polyarthralgia, Dry Mouth, Dry Throat: Vitamin D 2000 IU, Omega 3 Softgels, Gluten-free Vegetarian Diet

bluegardenia

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2016, 07:57:39 AM »
thanks, unfortunately we dont have it here... i take VSL3 that seems a good one with 450 miliards bacteria but i wanted to follow chris  suggestions
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Sooki

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2016, 08:05:10 AM »
I just finished skimming through Yoseph's book.  I had a hard time reading through the cartoonish, pseudoscience format and language, but in the end, I think she's saying that in AI, the immune system is reacting to a class of microorganisms which include mycoplasmas, H. pylori, and ureaplasma.  These all grow better in acidic environments. So, much of the remedy involves eating in a way that creates an alkaline environment. (This is different from eating nonacidic foods).    The worst offenders are sugar and grains.  Besides the more or less paleo food list, she recommends, cabbage juice, probiotics, and alma-seltzer (aspirin, sodium bicarb, and anhydrous citric acid(?) ), and alkaline minerals, and bits of raw onions and tomatoes.  The next important step is to recreate collagen (amino acids, etc.).

]While I was turned off by the manner of the book, I resonated with the idea that my immune system is responding to something real.  That there is an underlying infection, by bugs with mondo abilities to hide and thrive, which my trusty immune system is trying to eradicate through drastic means.  The alkaline thing sounded more reasonable.  And as my body goes through aging (spellcheck wants to make that raging), and arthritis, and hugely sagging skin, the idea of building up collagen is also appealing.  None of the regimen, other than the amino acids and vit C which I'll start a little at a time, are very different from what I'm already doing.  (Instead of Alka Seltzer, I might try a baby aspirin and a small amount of ] baking soda).

I'm interested in hearing what other people's experiences are over time.
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

bluegardenia

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2016, 11:07:43 AM »
Tomatoes are nightshades so from what i understood they are not good....well i think that we have to try and try. eliminating all grains will be really difficult for an italian... and if i dont eat pasta my gut is blocked

SjoGirl

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »
As noted, one might check on use of supplements with your doctors, particularly if you work with an osteopath (they typically have a more open mind).

Supplements can and do interact with drugs and some vitamins taken in very large doses can be toxic or at the least cause some significant discomfort.

I would agree that cutting back on sugar is helpful as was cutting out gluten for me.

Bluegardenia, gluten free pastas have come a long way. There are corn based, quinoa based, black bean and many others that are quite tasty.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

SabbraCadabra

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2016, 11:56:57 PM »
Gluten-free grains are still grains though, are they not?

bluegardenia

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2016, 06:53:45 AM »
thanks, i know sjo girl, but the gluten free have not the same benefits for my very personal gut...