Author Topic: you know that you have sjogrens ......  (Read 6120 times)

Princess Tusi

• everything is awesome-lego movie
Re: you know that you have sjogrens ......
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
When you can explain by rote how you're not dehydrated but still need your water bottle at all times

When your kids play 'guess the word Mummy's trying to think of'
PCOS '97, psoriasis, abdominal angina, connective tissue disorder with Sjogren's like symptoms '15. Cetirizine, Plaquenil, Prednisone,Gabapentin, Mycophenolate. AIP since 09/2015

Lotus1

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 02:31:50 PM »
you dive into a fresh piece of pineapple & your tongue gets very sore or bleeds, next dive for the chewing gum :(

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
When you are constantly clearing your throat or coughing and all your family members know it's you, no matter where you are at the Mall, grocery store, or the house. 

Good luck playing hide and go seek with the grandkids!😉

Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

juliechurch

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 02:42:03 AM »
you know you have Sjogrens when you just step out the shower and you skin looks as if u never showerd
SJS, Cervical Dysplasia, TMJ, Allergy, allergy induced asthma, Migraine, inconclusive results for Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis. Take Plaquenil, vit D3, Naproxen, oxycod/acetamin, dollar Over the counter Allergy Relief, two different inhalers, Fluicasone, ear/eye drops

A Mom on Spin

• Amazon.com/author/lizwilkey
    • She's Come Undun
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 06:22:12 AM »
When you go to pick up your prescription refills and the pharmacy has a shopping cart ready for you!
www.mysjogrenslife.blogspot.com
https://www.amazon.com/author/lizwilkey
Primary SJS. RA & lupus. Positive ANA, SSA, anti-phospholipid Antibodies. Large and small fiber peripheral neuropathy

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:25 AM »
When you go to a family reunion and spend the time talking about non drying soaps.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 05:28:50 PM »
You know you have Sjogrens when you don't bother to talk about it to anyone anymore. In other words you are just sick of the whole shooting match. Irish

kimberly64

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »
Yep Irish exactly!  It much less stressful just to not have to deal with the skeptism, questions and pity!
Kimberly
Sjogrens, Evoxac, Restasis , Omega3

quietdynamics

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »

.. when YOU are the adult and your bedtime is between 8:30 and 9   :(
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Judie P

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
You know you have Sjogren's when you take the time to build a fortress of information for your new GI doctor who wants to share "options" for a "not clean enough" colonoscopy in November 2015.  the information is just in case he doesn't know much about SJS.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

LizzieC

• Just get on with it.
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 03:00:15 AM »
haha the sand one with the bully just killed me!!!! bahaha I'm so going through that with this lastest flare up!!!   :o :o ;D ;D ::) ::)
Primary Sjogrens. ??Sero-negative Rheumatoid arthritis
Plenty of positive thinking & mediation. Tired of pain controlling my life so I grabbed the reins and became an Aged Care nurse and about to start training to become an EEN! Power of positive thinking and being proactive :-D

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
when you sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies after you wake up and start the day. Snap, crackle, pop.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »
When you have to use your finger, first thing when you wake up, to remove your tongue from the roof of your mouth!
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Critter Mama

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »
I love them all. I'm a freak about my water bottle, especially on vacation I have to have it. I can do tap water for an emergency, but with inrercystial cystitis, it has to be a serious need cause the bladder pain is horrible. I have a night guard for TMJ and a botched sinus surgery left me with a chronically runny nose... Course with SS, it isn't always bad, but I tend to sleep with my mouth open, so I have to pry tongue and might guard loose. And then there's that constant urge to brush your teeth cause they get kind of icky...and the paranoia of that green cartoon dead fish bad breath... And I'm noticing more and more the fog and issues remembering words...Friday night card games with my 80 year old grandmother get interesting.

Carebear

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 05:28:51 PM »
You know that you have Sjogrens's when...darn!  I forgot what I was going to say.   ;)
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.