Author Topic: you know that you have sjogrens ......  (Read 6119 times)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
you know that you have sjogrens ......
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:15:59 PM »
When you lick an envelope to seal it shut, it pops back open and the glue is totally dry!

That was after a sip of water, too.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
Re: you know that you have sjogrens ......
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:51 PM »

You know you have Sjogrens when.................you open your mouth to

speak and it is glued shut d/t extreme dryness.

shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

Sharon

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »
Ha ha...so true guys  :D :D :D
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Nymph

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:18:53 PM »
when half the weight of your purse is eyedrops, nasal spray, 5 kinds of lip balm, and pills!
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:22:47 PM »
:) love em ;)
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »
You know you have Sjogrens when you need to take that purse with you whenever you leave the house. You also have to have your sunscreen and sunglasses in case it is sunny. You also need to have a long sleeved shirt in the car at all times in case the sun is shining. How about a basket by the seat with all the survival stuff a Sjoggie needs.

Remember the good old days when you just grabbed your keys and bill fold and took off footloose and fancy free. Irish

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 02:41:29 AM »
You know that you have Sjogren's when, a bully kicks sand in your eyes, and when you look around there is no bully.
Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.

ohiolady

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 06:30:10 AM »
Loved the purse one.  Our purses look like suitcases so they can hold everything. 

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 07:43:20 AM »
Okay ya'll...

You know I can't see that topic without re-posting the video I made a few years back. For those of you newer folks...I noticed that so many Sjoggies were feeling down & depressed with so many challenges. With that in mind, I asked everyone to give me their best one liner...You Know You're A Sjoggie When.... I took all of those responses & made a very amateur video.

**Please note this is just a product of SjoDry's wacky sense of humor & an attempt to bring a smile to my fellow Sjoggie-Mates.

Enjoy...https://sjodry.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/you-know-youre-a-sjoggie-if-2/  If this link doesn't work, you can goggle: You Know You're A Sjoggie When...

SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

grammad97

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
😊😊😊
Primary sjogrens, UCTD; osteoarthritis;osteopenia; HBP ;fibromyalgia;RX-plaquenil, butrans 20mcg patch ;flexaril;hydrocodone5/325;restasis, omega3, vit D, super B complex;s ;gluten free;lisinopril;moderate hearing loss

SjoGirl

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »
And you cut your tongue in the process!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Liz D.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
These are great and so true. ????????????????

In my case, you know you have it when a 5 year old girl says, "you have weird teeth!" 

Thank goodness I have thick skin and love children and the honesty of kids.

Liz D.
57 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 200 mg; Levoxyl 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin

JennyWren

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 07:50:27 AM »
How about, You know you have sjogren's when you can chop an onion without crying......still hurts though x

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
 :)

Deb 27

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
 Ditto with what Nymph said. Not only is my purse full of supplies, so is my house. I finally got tired of my house looking like a person in hospice and put all my pills in a pill box. ALso the pharmacy that is closest to use uses these extra large bottles even for 30 tiny pills so it takes up room in the medicine drawer and cabinet.

At least I finally found a shampoo and conditioner for very dry hair that works so now my bathroom isn't cluttered with all these unused bottles of shampoo/conditioner that didn't work. I even had a nice collection of small ones.

Oh and you panic if you don't have any water by your side at all times.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.