Author Topic: Lost hope  (Read 14595 times)

araminta

Re: Lost hope
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:53 AM »
Following a message from Linda I now appreciate that because of the very large number of countries which use this site, the small number of moderators, and internet phishing, a location thread is not going to be possible.   I was amazed at how few moderators there are for this forum which is so  helpful to so many people.

Dry eyes (MGD), nose, mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin (occasional eczeme), mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative,no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes, moisturisers.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »
This site is very active but it wanes and ebbs because of the weather, peoples work schedules and other activities plus peoples health status. There are times we have more moderators and then times when we have less. Moderators need to take time off due to health status also. If you hang around you will notice changes time to time. This site also depends on the members to share information and keep up a dialogue with each other. I have been here for probably 11 years and there are a few more like me. I am one of the elderly members at 73 years tomorrow.

It is great to glean all the info that people bring to the table here. Good luck Irish.

Staying healthy

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2016, 05:12:03 AM »
Hello everyone.
My cousin who also has SS mentioned something that I've been thinking about for a few years. She said that when she uses Iodine sea salt she feels better. The United States government started to put iodine in salt to prevent thyroid disease in the year 1900. Now, with the new interest in purity of sea salt, companies have taken it out even though iodine has been proven to keep people healthy. Also, I watch a program on PBS called healing quest and they recommend eating fruit to get half of your daily need for moisture. Also, my eyes are very dry but computer use makes it worse.
All the best to everyone. Take care.