Author Topic: Anyone else have trouble with the holidays?  (Read 3123 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Anyone else have trouble with the holidays?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:07 AM »
Oh Judie P, I couldn't do 1/100 of what you did on that trip!

Just reading about it was stressful.

Of course I can't walk well, climb stairs, stand, etc.  But all of that effort plus greasy food.

THEN you described all of your symptoms and WENT TO WORK?

I haven't had my blood sugar checked in relation to anything so I can't comment.  I'm so glad I've missed the diabetes curse (so far).

Just hang on, and perhaps next time you can stay home?  or stay in the hotel?   

Your husband NEEDS to understand how hard this is on you.  And you need to make it clear by refusing to participate in things that are too hard on you.  Easy to say of course, and we often don't know how hard it's going to get, until we're in over our heads.

Rest and recover (I'm still reeling from the fact you WENT TO WORK!).

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

LucyD

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »
Yes, so glad Christmas is past. I love the magic of the season, but to be honest, I felt like I was just trudging through the motions as mest I could. I am exhausted. I easily sleep 12+ hours come every weekend anyway after getting through the work weeks. I don't like feeling like all of the preparations and festivities are just more chores and mountains to climb. I don't think those who do not suffer from autoimmune disease even begin to have an idea of our level of fatigue. I think we all deserve medals because from what I see on this forum, most of us trudge through as best we can and given the way we feel, accomplish amazing things.
Dxs: Sjogren's - seronegative, UCTD, soft tissue joint pain, Hypothyroidism
Medications: Plaquenil 400 mg/day, Restasis, Synthroid, Cytomel, Celexa, Deplin (L-methylfolate) (for MTHFR genetic defect)

Nomad

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
Yes. I was over tired. And now I have the flu. I really like New Years and I've been in bed for 2.5 days weak weak weak
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Judie P

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
Took Carolina's advice even though I hated it.  It was the first time I have had a really strong flare.  Had a temperature for three days - up and down - and lots of gastrointestinal problems, like I usually have with Sjogrens.  I was sleeping for 12 hours and then got up for a few, then back to bed.  Beginning to get my appetite back but still a lot of gas build up after I eat.  I got a lot of anxiety during that time.  I guess I worry about not being able to function ever again.  Made it through a couple of clients today.  Feels good.  Good bye to the holidays!!!!  Ugh.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops