Author Topic: Post-surgery gift basket ideas?  (Read 2344 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Post-surgery gift basket ideas?
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »
My brother just had surgery for possible throat cancer and the surgery was pretty extensive. He was in ICU for two days and just went home yesterday.

I live in east Tennessee and he's in south Florida so I can't pop in for a chat. I wondered if anyone on the boards has had surgery, and what was it that made your recovery more pleasant?

Thanks all!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Bigleyj

Re: Post-surgery gift basket ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:23:18 AM »
Hi,

I was in a different situation but maybe this could be an idea.  My nan was in a nursing home after major stroke, I bought a biggish photo frame and pulled out all the old photos and picked out all different ones. Nan and I, nan and my brother, nan and my son, with pop etc etc. made them into a collage in the photo frame.  She liked it.

I hope your brother recovers well.

Jo.
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »
Praying for your brother and you. You might send him a card with some personal memories that you and your brother remember. It would touch is heart.

hugs,
susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Critter Mama

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:01:34 AM »
I'm sorry for what your brother, you and the family are going thru. What are somethings he enjoys? If he's a movie or tv fan a gift box of seasons of his favorite show or random dvds would be good. Maybe a couple of packs of Snack Pack pudding if that's something he can have. A weekly thinking of you card and a couple of jokes or comic strip clippings that he'd get a kick out of. Depending on what he likes and his sense of humor maybe even one of the video poker or sudoku games in the toy isle out one of those annoying paddle balls that most people had as a child that when the rubberband broke became a handle paddle for your parents for what the rogue flying ball broke.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
A66eyroad,
I'm just seeing your post (sorry!) and wondered how your brother is doing.   I hope there was no cancer.  Can you update, please?
Hugs,
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
Cheryl, he has told me that it's not cancer, but he's getting chemo and radiation, so I'm having trouble believing him! He's the type who would not tell me the "whole" truth just to keep me from worrying.

Thanks for caring, my friend!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.