Author Topic: Gastric sleeve  (Read 1729 times)

Ali-Cares

• Ali
Gastric sleeve
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:00:03 PM »
I am interested if anyone has had gastric sleeve surgery knowing they have Sjogrens.  I have been advised with two opposite opinions by my doctors and am so frustrated.  I've tried everything and have not been successful with losing weight.  One doctor even told me I won't lose weight because of some of my Rxs.  I am all for GS if it will help me feel better and get off some meds, but am concerned about any side effects I might not know about.  I realize we are all different and I will do what I think is best but need to know more from anyone who has experienced it. Thanks in advance.
Ali

KCcat

Re: Gastric sleeve
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:53 AM »
Ali, did you have the surgery?  The one concern I would have is that the surgery itself might cause you to flare big time.  Surgery is hard on anybody, but it seems those that are already ill
going into surgery, have a much harder time bouncing back, so I would think about that also as you are making your decision.  I would also want to think about what the one doctor said, if the medicines you are on are causing you to gain weight, could those be replaced with something else?  Maybe that could be your answer?  You asked this question a month ago, so my thoughts are most likely not important to you now, but I thought I would go ahead and try to answer you anyway.  I am new to the group, and was just looking at some of the new posts.
I wish you the best luck!!
My name is Michelle, KC Cat is my kitties name!!

jojobeach

Re: Gastric sleeve
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
I also am interested in getting the gastric sleeve.  Did you have it done and how did you make out?