Author Topic: Wonderful news  (Read 4504 times)

aussie mum

Wonderful news
« on: December 28, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
I'm very excited  ;D

Our first grandchild ( a dear, precious little girl ) was born the week before Christmas.

Our daughter, despite all her conditions listed in my signature, had a remarkably normal pregnancy, with just a few tweekings of her Thyroid medication, close monitoring of Bubs heart rate (always ok) and a few blood pressure/fluid issues in the last couple of weeks of her pregnancy.

In fact, our daughters regular blood test results were the best they'd been since she was diagnosed 7 years ago, just as her Immunologist predicted.

I hope this news gives hope to all the young SJS/Lupus sufferers out there.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all  :)

Aussie Mum Nan  ;D.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Head2Toe

Re: Wonderful news
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
Congratulations Aussie Nan!  There's nothing like a newborn to throw a whole new and beautiful light on life :)  I'm glad this pregnancy was healthy and Mum and Babe are doing so well.

I have eight grandchildren now, but will never forget the birth of my first - also a granddaughter.  I held my (first born) daughter in my arms as she gave birth to her first child, and it was truly a life altering moment...
Female-57; Endometriosis (dx-1977); Cervical Osteoarthritis (dx 2014); Laryngeal Reflux (dx 2015); Seronegative & Negative Lip Biopsy

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »
Great news! Another new hope for the world.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
So glad to hear that everything went well. Now she will need lots of help so that she can rest up. Pregnancy is such a stressful thing to go through when we have autoimmune disease so to have her body  be "good" during this time was a real blessing. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »
Joy to the World!  A baby is a wonder,a gift and a delight.  Also the end of sleep as you know it...but grandma will be there to help out.

Hugs, Elaine.
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
Oh Congratulations to you all!!

I am glad things went so well for your daughter. I know the new grandchild/child is a blessing for you all.

Enjoy!

SjoDry

Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Katybarstool

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Congratulations Aussiemum and the proud parents. I don't have any daughters but was privileged to be at the birth of my second granddaughter. She's six now and we have a wonderful bond.

Does the baby have a name?

Kathyx 

grammad97

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »
Congratulations!

How wonderful it is to be a grandparent!

I wish you all the best. Tell mommy to rest when baby rests.

Primary sjogrens, UCTD; osteoarthritis;osteopenia; HBP ;fibromyalgia;RX-plaquenil, butrans 20mcg patch ;flexaril;hydrocodone5/325;restasis, omega3, vit D, super B complex;s ;gluten free;lisinopril;moderate hearing loss

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 09:16:18 PM »
Congrats!

That is wonderful news. :)

susanep

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

litliwlowa

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »
Congrats!!!

Wow that is awesome!! What a beautiful "Christmas present".

Happy New Year!!
SJS-Primary; Hashi's, Post surgical hypothyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Spondylolithesis, L&C Facet Arthropathy, Fibro, gluten intolerance, TBI, Radiculopathies, Neuralgias, Osteopenia, GERD, Asthma, Allergies. Sphincter Dyssynergia. OSA, Fasciitis, Cervical Spondylosis, Cancer, etc etc etc

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
Oh Joyous Night!   And oh Joyous medicine!!  And oh Joyous Grandmother.   ;)
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Lotus1

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
Great news re your daughter, Nan!
I live in Perth.  Nice having another Aussie on the forum.

Lots1

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:23:56 AM »
Congratulations, Aussie Mum!  So proud for all of you!
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

aussie mum

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 04:18:51 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words.

In all my excitement I forgot to mention the delivery by emergency caesarean (oops) but all is well.

Bub is 3 weeks old now and has been very busy with family get togethers over Christmas and the New Year. They even visited us for a few days at our camping holiday at the beach - several hours from home. (They stayed at a local motel)

It was very exciting to have our 2 week old granddaughter on holidays with us... oh, and her parents too  ;D

Happy New Year to you all.

Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful holiday for you all. Does she have a name?

Kathyx