Author Topic: 2 things I have learnt about lentils ...  (Read 1683 times)

harrigan

2 things I have learnt about lentils ...
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:38:05 AM »
1. When you fumble an almost full 1kg bag of them down from a high shelf, they possess the ability to cover the entire ground floor of the house, as well as finding their way into the toaster and every other nook and cranny.  :o
2. When they land round side down on a tiled floor, they provide a surface which would rival the arena for Dancing on Ice. :shock:

I am trying to smile and chill before returning to the orange coloured ice rink that is my kitchen for a second onslaught. My hoover is on its way out I fear so I don't want to overface it with dry lentils. This was my first attempt after the foot reconstruction to do anything that took longer than 10 minutes standing. I fear I will be standing and attempting to balance and bend for a while yet.  :roll:

Number 3 son has just arrived home ..... hope he is in a good mood.....!
xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: 2 things I have learnt about lentils ...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:13:23 AM »
Oh, dear........My best was dropping a huge uncapped bottle of vegetable oil and watching it roll across the floor.

That and watching a child drop a 2 liter bottle of a sugar soft drink, bottom down on the floor.  It hit the floor and shot soda straight up to the 10 foot ceiling and onto ever surface except on the moon, I swear!

These are experiences in Zen calm, or else.

Hugs, and let's go out for lentil soup!  Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

slccom

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »
Sometimes a broom and dustpan are the best options!

Sharon

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »
Sigh, I was reminded of this post yesterday.

I have my bottle of pilocarpine, tiny little tablets, and I managed to spill the entire bottle THREE times yesterday while filling my medications boxes (I do six weeks at a time).

Well, I know for sure that I'll get my quota of 'health and unhealthy DIRT" with my intake of pilocarpine in the next month and a half.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.