Author Topic: World Sjogrens Day  (Read 1347 times)

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
World Sjogrens Day
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:43:22 AM »
                            Yes, today is World Sjogrens Day.
 Anybody doing anything special to make someone aware of Sjogrens?
 Honestly, I haven't yet, but I will have to come up with something before the day is over.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

Pisces24

Re: World Sjogrens Day
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
Well I have done my part to "educate" my doctors and dentist and eye dr. None of them knew about Sjogrens until they got me.  I bet there are a lot of other on the board that have done that!  8)

A few people at work know about my Sjogrens and I "educate" them on stuff. I just say I handle it well and am glad I don't have the very bad symptoms but I do get stuff come up. My boss knows I have to have oral surgery due to my Sjogrens and some coworkers know I take extra steps (like sinus rinses) to keep healthy. They also know that I do get hit at times where I am just not myself, but like my mother, I am just not a complainer and suffer in silence.  I had to take off work Tuesday as I got hit with an unexpected flare (must be the 1% I didn't see coming) that made me very very fatigued. (I slept all that day.)

I explain it is a cousin to MS, lupus & fibro and like those, the symptoms can vary. So I live with more uncertainity. But I am doing my part to educate people without being pushing or pushing I'm a victim. I'm a SURVIVOR and refuse to be a victim.

SjoGirl

Re: World Sjogrens Day
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »
I wrote a poem and posted it on my Facebook page.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.