Author Topic: YES! getting testing and medications for my Neuropathy!  (Read 3316 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: YES! getting testing and medications for my Neuropathy!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »
Dear me Anita, I'm taking a diuretic!  So fluid retention is not an objective. 

It all so confusing.  Let's first just see what turns up on the testing for POTS.

I think that's probably not a serious problem.  And if probably due of mild autonomic neuropathy, but again not serious.

I probably also have small fiber neuropathy.  I think everything is sort of twinkling with problems, but at a low level.

But I'm not very good at self diagnosis, I have learned that the hard way.

I did get good news today, a strange sort of scabby growth on my upper cheek was taken off three weeks ago, and today I got the news that it was normal.

Given the time I've spent in the sun, I am amazed not to have had any precancerous growths.  So I'm happy.
And clearly lucky on some counts.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

anita

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
Best to wait and see what they say.  Your diuretic may be part of the problem since fluids is a huge basis of BP regulation...who knows until you completed the test.

Again, I just didn't want you to think that this cannot be treated...it can (if need be).
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

LucyD

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »
Glad you are having the testing Elaine. Good luck.
Dxs: Sjogren's - seronegative, UCTD, soft tissue joint pain, Hypothyroidism
Medications: Plaquenil 400 mg/day, Restasis, Synthroid, Cytomel, Celexa, Deplin (L-methylfolate) (for MTHFR genetic defect)