Author Topic: New.. Aquoral for Dry Mouth and other information  (Read 1773 times)

quietdynamics

New.. Aquoral for Dry Mouth and other information
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
FDA approved, Oct. 2013, Aquoral® (oxidized glycerol triester) Dry Mouth

Novel product relieves symptoms of dry mouth for up to four hours with no side effects observed
SAN ANTONIO, TX (October 22, 2013) – Relief from dry mouth is now just a spray away. Mission Pharmacal Company today announced the launch of Aquoral®, a safe and effective protective oral spray that moistens and lubricates the mouth for up to four hours.

Aquoral: Oxidized glycerol triesters and silicon dioxide (40 mL); contains aspartame, delivers 400 sprays, citrus flavor  (2 sprays per dose= 1 month supply)

Saw this about XyliMelts use at night.
*XyliMelts: Apply 2 discs before bed, 1 on each side of mouth, in lower or upper part of cheek; during the day, use as needed; swallow as it slowly dissolves (the tan, dimpled side will adhere to teeth or gums)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:29:50 PM by Linda196 »
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

lighthouse33

Re: New.. Aquoral for Dry Mouth and other information
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:56:13 PM »
I wonder who we get our Aquoral prescription from; our dentist, our rhuemy or our GP?

Am very much interested in this for myself, and also for my mother, who has had terrible dry mouth since undergoing radiation and chemo. 

Thank you for posting the information.

Per the xylimelts, I put 1 disc on each side of my mouth at bedtime. Mom prefers the OraMoist discs.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

quietdynamics

Re: New.. Aquoral for Dry Mouth and other information
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »

Here is Rx sheet you can give to your Dr. I would check to see if covered by ins and cost with pharmacist.
INDICATIONS: Aquoral is intended to
provide relief from chronic and temporary
xerostomia (dry mouth), which may be
a result of disease such as Sjogren’s
Syndrome, oral in?ammation, medication,
chemo or radiotherapy, stress or aging.
Aquoral relieves symptoms of dry mouth
such as dif?culties in swallowing, speech,
and changes in taste.
http://www.aquoral.com/sites/aquoral.com/files/aquoral_prescribinginformation_fnl.pdf
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"