Author Topic: Pity party for me.  (Read 3275 times)

engy

Re: Pity party for me.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
A66eyroad,
I totally get it. In fact, I'm going through same experience. School ended & I rested few days then whooped it up a little too much. Here I am, weak & in bed feeling dizzy, tired & achy. Darn it. I'm trying to be thankful for the good days but when the bad days come back it is hard.

Take care & get some extra rest!
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
Engy, I'm so glad you were able to hang in there with school this year. Are you planning on going back next year? You should write a post on what changes you've had to make in order to keep teaching! You've come a very long way, I think!   :D

I always tell my husband that, when I'm feeling sick I dispair that I'll never be well again, and when I'm feeling good I can't believe that I'm really sick.

Isn't the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result?!?  :-[
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

engy

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »
Thanks, yes I plan on going back next year to continue fourth grade. I am contimplating a move after that though. With all of the new laws in Ohio & new changes in my school, this past year has been the most stressful. I actually made it this year with no steroids!

I have come a long way considering I couldn't even stand or walk 5 feet without passing out! Now the dizziness only bad in heat or dehydration.

I have a small but very supportive family & friends who help me. I also credit my meds & supplements as well as light exercise. I couldn't walk at all & was in wheelchair for vacations but now I am able to do light yoga & walk 2 miles. I started my exercise with a recumbant bike & light weights to build my muscle. I am also on a gluten free diet (due to my Celiac). And of course I have a fabulous holistic psychologist that has helped me emotionally (extremely important!)

I was literally bedbound & needed help with everything- including bathing & now I am working full time & taking on few small extra projects. It is still hard with the dryness, fatigue, aches, pains & dizziness but way better than I was.

I'm like you though, as soon as I feel sick or a flare I panic & think I'll be bedbound again. I'm still working on that fear when it comes.

Health & Happiness is my wish for all here!
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C