Author Topic: 'It's all in your head' Really?!  (Read 5303 times)

P.Trish

Re: 'It's all in your head' Really?!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 08:48:21 AM »
Elaine, I am reading "How to Be Sick", by Toni Bernard. It is very, very helpful. My rheumatologist

is recommending it to his patients.

Thanks for the Oliver Sacks rec.  I'm going on Amazon to order it
female dx'd Jan 2012, English/Drama Teacher: retired, plaquenil 400mg, aspirin 80 mg, Lisinipril 20mg,  fish oil, multi vitamins, methyl pred  pack (every 2 months) evoxac, d-mannose, biotin, gluten free
. Stroke survivor  'Have a heart that never hardens and a touch that never hurts" (Dickens)

Cassi307

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »
P. Trish
Remember to use the Amazon link for the forum when you order your book.

Just want to let you know that there is a member of my church who does what is mentioned in this topic. I just had to go back on prednisone for the third time to manage my symptoms and then I got hit with a five day asthma attack, while this is happening my teen son gets suspended from school and was facing expulsion. She said she looked up what I had and it is only something that will make me uncomfortable and that I am not going to die. That I should just pray and everything will be fine. I wound up snapping at her and telling her that unless she walked in my shoes she should not be judging me. I don't want or need someone to minimize my feelings or experiences when I am in the middle of a crisis.

In her own mind she meant well. She is someone who will help anyone in need but she answers everything with a Bible verse when what I need is someone to say I am here for you and how can I help. As Carolina said learn to let it go. I have been caught up in an unending cycle for over a year and trying to cope on my own since I don't have family. I know that I need to surround myself with supportive people. Think I will invest in the book that was mentioned. Thanks.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex

P.Trish

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Cassi, thanks for reminding me about the link - amazon is my 'go to 'store for just

about everything.

Thanks for sharing your story - I am sorry that you are trying to cope on your

own,  I have family, although they are scattered far & wide, but I do have a good

husband (he tries :) to deal with my foibles.

Yes, the "How to be Sick' book is a keeper.
female dx'd Jan 2012, English/Drama Teacher: retired, plaquenil 400mg, aspirin 80 mg, Lisinipril 20mg,  fish oil, multi vitamins, methyl pred  pack (every 2 months) evoxac, d-mannose, biotin, gluten free
. Stroke survivor  'Have a heart that never hardens and a touch that never hurts" (Dickens)

Cassi307

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »
Thanks P Trish. I just came back to the site to delete my post because it was more of a vent and I am sorry. My frustration level is high and I feel like swinging at anyone who comes near me. Not a productive coping mechanism. I don't want my issues to take away from someone else's topic so I just want to apologize and leave it alone w/o further discussion. Again, I am sorry.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex