Author Topic: Mr. Irish has passed on  (Read 23639 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Mr. Irish has passed on
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Thank you all for your condolences and kind thoughts and prayers. The wake was tonight and there was a good turnout of people who shared there love and appreciation of my hubby and the impact he had on their life. It was wonderful and surely made me more aware of the kind, loving man that I had married.

The funeral is 11 hours from now and will also be something that I hope will give others hope.  I can feel the support and prayers of people as I have felt quit peaceful. I had cried so much the past 5 years and then worked so hard the past years, especially the past several months so I have few tears now. Just feel like I am being carried on a cloud of protection. I know that I need sleep and have been sleeping better. So relieved to have it over and hubby safe and not suffering anymore. The time for tears will soon return when all this rush is over.

Just a cute remark from my 4 yr old grandson. He asked " When is grandma going to die?"and I replied "when God wants me but I hope it won't be tip I get my house cleaned". To which he replied,"what if he calls you before you clean the house" and I told him that I would have some really upset DILs. I suppose he will be watching me to see if I would soon be dropping in my tracks. What kids think of. Thank you all again. Irish

slccom

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:35 PM »
Your grandson is adorable. And you are undoubtedly right!
Hugs, Sharon

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »
irish when mom passed away the littlest (twins) great grand daughters said little things like that too. It would have made mom smile.

I am glad you found a  special kind of peace at the wake in the many people who loved  your husband.

I am glad to hear you will get more sleep too.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers every day.

God Bless My Friend,
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Styx

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2014, 03:31:11 AM »
I rarely check the forums anymore, but I'm very glad I checked tonight.

Irish, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I imagine your husband led a great life, despite the health problems that arose, and he was fortunate to have you by his side throughout the journey.

May he rest in peace.

Styx

harrigan

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2014, 06:26:08 AM »
Thinking of you now Irish and hoping the funeral will be a comfort to you now and in the days ahead. Here for you xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

loulou

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
Dear Irish

I haven't been on for a while, but I am saddened to read your post.

I pray that you will find comfort in your time of grief - god bless you and your family.

x loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

jazzlover

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Irish, my condolences! I haven't been here in awhile and decided to see what was going on here.

I'm very sorry. I know he has suffered a long time and you have suffered too. I know what a toll chronic illness can take on families.

God Bless and take good care of YOU!
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »
Hi Irish - I just wanted to say that some friends - who used to use the forum but don't any more - are aware of your hubby's passing. Their thoughts are with you - and their prayers.
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
Just to thank all of you again for your thoughts and prayers as this has been a such more relaxed and peaceful time than I would have ever imagined. Our three boys and their families have been such a blessing at this time and pitched in and washed cars, picked up the house, got food gathered up to eat for quick meals, etc. Just a good time with family and hubby would have been very touched and proud.

The funeral was very nice and peaceful and I have felt surrounded by the love of those in attendance. The kids and grandkids are gone now and I am picking up the house a little---tired but going to go through all the cards tonight. Easter is tomorrow but I may sleep for hours and need the sleep so family will not see or hear much from me. MOnday will be hospice chaplain and the grief counselor and Tuesday errands to run. Wednesday I have neuro appt and then will drive to sons house 2 hours away as he is having double surgery this day. I will stay a couple days and help a little and enjoy the trip. It was Oct 30th when we made the last trip up there for an overnight. It was hard on hubby and me and he was so sad that he was not able to go again.

I will enjoy the ride, but it will not be the same as having him with me. I have to add that people should never be afraid of using hospice if it is needed. It gave my hubby a little extra time, I think, because of less running to the docs and the ability to stay home and settle in and bond more tightly as a family. We were able to visit and spend a lot of time talking and just being together---and especially taking naps in our recliners when needed. I think it helps to make the journey more personal and less traumatic. Thank you all again for your support---I truly felt the caring come through. Irish

wildforwater

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »
Irish,

I'm new here and don't know much history, but you touched my heart.  May God bless you and your family and may you find comfort and happiness in the loving memories of your dear husband.

Hugs,

Maria
Sjogren's; Hashimoto's Thyroiditis; Raynaud's Syndrome; GERD; Barrett's Esophagus; Gilbert's Syndrome; Tremors; SFN; Osteoporosis; Osteoarthritis; Lyme 2003 & Lyme/Babesiosis 2010; OB; Plaquenil; Evoxac; Restasis; Prevacid; Synthroid; Prozac;Estrace Cream; Vitamin D.

harrigan

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2014, 07:33:12 AM »
Hoping you get to sleep lots today Irish. I was glad to hear that the funeral was as good as it could be. You have a busy week ahead of you but family is the best place to be. Hoping you continue to feel loved and cared for.  You are very precious to us xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Chris

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
Hugs
Chris
47 year old mom of two. Sjogrens, Hashimotos,small fiber neuropathy, neurogenic atrophy(myocitis)
Armour, methotrexate, plaquenil, folic acid,
Vit D3',Claritin, ,Ivig, Rituxin

stillinshockwithsjogrens

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »
Oh, Irish, I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss.  You have been battling your own health issues and his for a long time.  Life is different now.  Things never remain constant.  Except that you are loved by those around you and people here are thankful for the support you've offered consistently, over a long period of time.

May peace be with you.

Jenny

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2014, 04:20:16 AM »
So sorry for your loss. I can tell how much you loved him. My husband is my best friend too.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2014, 05:44:08 AM »
Oh, Irish, I am so sorry to log on this morning and read about your sweet man. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'm holding you in the light.

With love,
A66ey
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.