Author Topic: Antibiotics that dont add to dry mouth????  (Read 1212 times)

kimberly64

Antibiotics that dont add to dry mouth????
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
What antibiotics will not affect dry mouth and make it worse or affect taste.  I may need some for a dental problem.  Thanks for help.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:56:21 PM by kimberly64 »
Sjogrens, Evoxac, Restasis , Omega3

finallyadx

Re: Antibiotics that dont add to dry mouth????
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Kimberly 64 - I cannot tell you what I have had good experience with you will fare the same, but I can tell you for me personally I have good experience with amoxicillin and the z pack.  Penicillin makes the dryness worse and makes me sick and many of the other antibiotics make the dryness worse or I have side effects from.  Ask the dentist what his knowledge is with respect to antibiotics and dryness - you can also ask the pharmacist and get their opinion.

Hoping all goes well for you.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

kimberly64

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »
Thank you Finallyadx.  I was thinking the two you mentioned would be a safe bet.  Hoping some others will comment as well with ones that dont worsen symptoms of Sjogrens.
Kimberly
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:28:39 AM by kimberly64 »
Sjogrens, Evoxac, Restasis , Omega3

lolo1979

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:33:27 AM »
I have taken 3 z-packs in the last 6 months because of sinus infections and I do well with them. No added dryness. In fact, I think I am less dry on them than off.