Author Topic: Transient positivity?  (Read 1179 times)

wondering1

Transient positivity?
« on: April 04, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
My rheumatologist tested me again and this time I was negative for Sjogren's SS-A and ANA, after testing positive just two weeks prior. She believes this means, due to my family history of AI, that my body is sensitive to triggers/stress and has a hyperreactive immune system. Of course, this means I could likely trigger Sjogren's if I don't take good care. I am gluten free and also on an anti-inflammatory diet. Feeling better than I was.

My question do I consider myself as someone with Sjogren's even with transient positivity?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Transient positivity?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:44 AM »
I would.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:30:17 AM »
Yes, your symptoms are the key.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
Yes, my tests were positive in my mid 50's ...always producing the SSA Ro Antibody.  However, my ANA has gone down to normal and my CRP and Sed rates have always been normal.  To tell you the truth, as soon as my Osteo calmed down, and I took all the stress of taking care of my family out of my life, it seems like the ANA went normal yet......I still produce the SSA Ro.  Now I've been told that if I have AI in the family (my Mom) that it isn't uncommon for someone to produce SSA Ro antibody without having full blown AI.....doesn't mean it won't happen but I was told there could be a lesser amount of SSA Ro Antibody in my blood.  Don't know and that could be why they changed my diagnosis to UCTD and Sicca Syndrome.  My Rhuemie quit doing ANA'a and other blood tests after she did the initials a few times as she said they won't really tell her anything....my symptoms will  do that. 
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with