Author Topic: Colonoscopy humor  (Read 4220 times)

Days Off

Katybarstool

Re: Colonoscopy humor
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
Thanks for that Days - it gave me a good laugh - And I need one, as I have a defecatory proctogram on Tuesday, and there's no sedation or anaesthetic for that :(

Kathyx

lighthouse33

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
Well, I'm 50 and I'm going to be having my second colonoscopy this Friday.  Dave Barry is very funny! 
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

harrigan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »
Oooh Kathy - not sure what one of those is but it sounds like the sort of thing you need a good luck, plenty of hugs and jamas night after.  Will be thinking of you and hoping it is useful xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Katybarstool

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »
Thanks Ailsa.

TBH I'm dreading it. I've had it done twice before and found out afterwards that I needed surgery. I'm hoping this is not the case again. If it comes back clear, I can start rectal irrigation again, which will solve a big problem.

This link shows some information about the test: http://www.bristolsurgery.com/article.aspx?articleid=100709

Thanks for your good wishes.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:33:25 AM »
This guy is just too funny. I needed that laugh. My dogs were looking up at me, because I was laughing so hard. I could relate, because I have had one done, but it's been several years now.

I am sure I should have another, but that stuff they have me drink is so sick to try and get down.

I am a bit more scared this time though, even though my first time went just like that funny guys did.

See before mom died, she was taking all that stuff to get one, and when dad took her to the hospital she seizured, and almost died, well she actually did die, and they brought her back. I think she was dehydrated and it affected her badly. She did not have it.

I know though she had other issues, like an electrical problem with her heart, but it still left kind of a fear in me now with sjogren's.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

harrigan

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Been thinking about you today and hoping you got on ok.  Really hope you don't end up with more surgery  :(  Hope you can rest tonight and take it easy for a few days.  x Ailsa
Female, 54
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Katybarstool

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 12:15:44 PM »
Hi Ailsa

Thank you for asking. I'm relieved to say that I don't need any more surgery. There are no prolapses, just very lazy muscles that don't want to work. I had to demonstrate the only way I can evacuate my bowels is by having my knees up to my chest, which, because I have  hyper-mobile hips causes a lot of pain.

When the consultant requested this test, it was to see if I am suitable for using a Peristeen anal irrigation system. I think that is what will be ordered, once the radiologist has reported back. It's not ideal, but better than doing any more mischief to the 'undercarriage'.

Hugs
Kathyx 

harrigan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 12:56:01 PM »
hi Kathy - that sounds like better news then.  You are so brave about it all - well done for getting it over with an hope the new plan works.  xx Ailsa
Female, 54

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »
Yes, I am happy for you, and hope you feel better.

In being silly, I will say that several years ago I had to have that xray that is a barium enema or something where they get pictures. I do not like that. I am telling you it feels like they are blowing up a balloon in my butt. Right when I think I can handle it they would blow it up some more. I was not happy at all.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Katybarstool

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »
Susan

I know what you mean. It took me nearly a week to get rid of all the barium. and I think I did myself a mischief in the process. I'm really looking forward to being called in to the continence service to get the rectal irrigation sorted.

Kathyx

SjoGirl

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
I couldn't even finish reading this I was laughing so hard. Needed that as I have a follow up mammogram in the a.m. due to an architectural distortion (now there's a funny medical term, and yes, it really is a medical term) in my right breast.

Thanks.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Katybarstool

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »
Good luck Sjogril - let us know how you get on.

Kathyx

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
 Sjogirl, What part of the architecture is distorted???? Sorry, I just couldn't pass that up. That is a medical term I never heard of. I would think that it describes something that they did not know so they gave it a new name. Good luck with the exam. Irish

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Any news Sjogirl?

Kathyx