Author Topic: 2014 - Laughter is the best medicine . . . .  (Read 10615 times)

Velcro

Re: 2014 - Laughter is the best medicine . . . .
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
I could add a #12:  "Oooh you said this call may be monitored for quality and recorded?  This is the NSA isn't it?  Admit it...you are saying you're selling something but you really are just monitoring my transmissions....I know you are....you are sneaky devils working for the government that wants to infiltrate my brain cells and dig for personal information...."

stephL

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 11:53:06 PM »
Hey guys, I made a cartoon today about dismissive doctors who decorate their offices in gaudy colors and keep their back turned to you during appointments. lol It's the story of my life. Hope you like it.

http://i.imgur.com/JaFCsYb.png

I couldn't see it. The site is blocked at my work for Adult Content  ??? LOL, what on earth did you post?  ;D

It's a pic of a woman perched awkwardly on the edge of the examining table and a doc at the keyboard with his back to her. The caption reads: "Dry eyes and thinning hair? Have you thought about getting a dog? Here's a referral to for a Psych Eval down at the clinic." :D

Edit: The image hosting site I used (imgur.com) isn't particularly known for adult content. I wouldn't have used anything dodgy like that. Anyway, it's only a link to the cartoon itself and doesn't link to anything else.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:01:08 AM by stephL »
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
As seen on Facebook:

" "Nothing is Impossible."

I disagree . . . . .

I've accomplished nothing plenty of times, it's totally possible."    :D

Jamie Capria
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:57 PM »
This is a true story that my SIL posted on FB:

"my husband was craving a snack. He has run out "his" stuff and was scrounging the pantry. This is what he ate. . . MY chocolate and, unknowingly, Trailer's peanut butter cookies!"

I laughed so hard - her husband (my brother), is a very picky eater (as am I).  You know how we women can be protective of our chocolate, but the really funny part is, Trailer is their dog!!  My brother ate the dogs peanut butter treats!!  LOL

I don't know if my SIL told him that was for the dog or not - I'm hoping she didn't.  LOL

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

quietdynamics

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 02:52:19 PM »

We have been doing some major cleaning.

Worked on the upstairs hallway and landing carpeting for a full day (with rest breaks.. Resolve and machine work great to get out the ground in grim.. )

So.. Announcement.. "NO SHOES UPSTAIRS!"

This morning as I was about to get ready/dressed for errands, granddaughter 6, sees DH in office with shoes on?!!..."No shoes upstairs".

I get dressed and when I come down the stairs...
I see ALL of dear granddaughters shoes at the bottom of the stairs..
Yep.. "No Shoes Upstairs"..  :)
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"