Author Topic: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)  (Read 37008 times)

Katybarstool

Re: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »
Bucky

What a shame your family couldn't see you beautiful new home. But it's so nice that you are enjoying it anyway.

I bet you were so proud of your beautiful son. What are his future plans?

Wishing him all the very best (and you, of course!)

Kathyx

slccom

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Well, we are getting a new water heater. And a new basement. The carpet and everything else was three inches deep, so it was an adventure. Called the insurance company, they called ServePro, and we have a Pod outside for our stuff, and fans going downstairs. We didn't lose much of importance, and we are glad about that.

Mama told me there would be days like this!

SHaron

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »
Ugh, Sharon . . . sorry for all the hassle of getting a new water heater and having to move everything out of the way in the basement.

We're living on borrowed time with our water heater . . . ours is 23 yrs. old!  I keep telling hubby we NEED to get a new one now, before it decides to force us to get one.

We don't have any carpeting in our basement, it's just a storage area for "stuff" - but, I would still hate to have everything sitting in water (most is up off the floor on shelving).

I hope your basement dries out and things get situated quickly for you.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

slccom

« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2014, 07:51:25 AM »
Tell your hubby to stop "borrowing" time!  We have a company dealing with it. Unfortunately, they seem to not be very good.

Ah, well. We don't have the energy to clear out the basement ourselves.

Sharon

Carebear

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:02 PM »
It's been a long time since I last posted on this topic, and an even longer time since I have had enough energy to accomplish anything out of the ordinary.

But I have good news!  After starting to paint my bedroom nearly a year ago, I have finally finished the job!  Everything has been cleaned up and put back in place.  A very big thank you to my spouse who lived in the mess without complaining...much.   ;)

I also cleaned up and reorganised the garage last month.  And I cleaned up the back yard and transplanted a couple flower beds.

Next on my list is defrosting the big freezer and reorganizing and painting the storage room.  Did I say paint???  Won't start this until the middle of September because I just want to enjoy the new bedroom for now.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

slccom

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
Way to go, Carebear! We finally are getting insurance payments. Then we can get going.
Sharon

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »
Woohoo . . . pizza (fresh out of the oven) all around in celebration of Carebear finishing her painting project in the bedroom!!  Congrats!

We STILL have a bedroom here in our house that only has primer on it and has never been painted and we've lived here 23 yrs.!!!   :o  Carebear . . . since you are in the painting mood, any chance you can come to IL and paint a bedroom for me?!?   ;)

Carebear - you've been busy and I'm sure it feels good to see the fruits of your labor both inside and outside the house.   :D

Sharon - I bet you're glad to finally get going on your basement and get everything back together again.

I am happy to report, that we got a new water heater (the old one lasted 23 yrs., and hadn't quit or anything, we decided to replace it BEFORE something happened to it).  We also had to get a new water softener as it quit on us (we have well water that is pretty rough on it).

With all the new stuff around the house, we should be good for a long time now (knock on wood).  If we get 15-20+ yrs. out of everything like we have had in the past, we'll be doing good.  It just seemed like everything got old at the same time and needed to be replaced.

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm still dragging my feet on finishing up that last 5% of stuff from all the remodeling.  It seems something else always comes up that needs to be taken care of, and I just keep putting it off.

However, with that being said, I "hope" within the next two weeks to get my side of the garage cleaned from items we have out there from the remodel so I can park my new car in there.  We went and picked it up today.   :)

I know life gets busy for us all - plus, the fact we all have Sjogren's to deal with to add into the mix - but, slow and steady and we'll get 'er done. 

Good luck everyone with all your projects.   :D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »
Oh Bucky, thanks for the invite to IL!  I haven't visited there yet.  But my paint brush and roller have been hung up for an undetermined period of time.  But I will keep that in mind.   ;)

I even bought two prints for the room to really spiff it up.  Can hardly believe I live here it's so pretty.  And it took me 20 years to get it that way.

Sharon, I am so happy for you.  It must be such a relief to get things moving after all this time.

Bucky, you got yourself a new vehicle!  How exciting!   Definitely need to park that baby in the garage.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

quietdynamics

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »
Bucky.. listed Moms' home June 1st.. saw the concrete under h/w heater was wet?

Realtor checked.. some rust underneath.. not even two weeks later.. kaplooweee.

Fortunately, clean and clear basement with french drains.. $$$ ouch.

So this week we spent 3 days there cutting back dead small branches, trimming trees. Love light weight battery opereated power tools, until my hands start tingling.. grrrr. DH cleaning gutters..home is a ranch. My job handing DH milk and M&M's. Going back this week to do metal blinds, etc.,  take granddaughter to beach before school starts.   

Had Great Room painted... along right side of fireplace water damage?  :'(
DH up at roof doing gutters checked chimney.. so wood damage, where it meets roof line.. showing flashing,  .5 -1 inch. Do you think insurance will cover?  $$$ ouch. 

Homefront here: company in Oct.. cleaned room they will use to the bones. Took me a week with all the rests and start/stop waiting for furniture to be moved to do carpet. Still loving the "All Terrain Floor Cleaner" (Carpet and bare floors). Switched to Resolve cleaner.. colored drink on light carpet.. sheesh. 
Put up side panels (curtains) up to the ceiling to floor for a long, clean look.. shades are linen cellular..
Clean out closet and dresser.. totally and put 2 storage in bins.  (1 winter clothes/ 1 winter blankets) Little granddaughter likes to pull things out and push into closet. So bins out of sight .. out of mind.
Carpet is off white, light denim blue sheets, light grey dust ruffle, pair of Ikea panels tress/birds and kiwi accent pillows on a denim and linen print futon.  Big round twig basket for granddaughter play things and her laundry twig  basket. *Accent pillow covers are pillowcases tucked in.. I saw how they were tucked at motels on our trip and used the idea.. so I can change color anytime.  :D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:35:00 AM by quietdynamics »
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"