Author Topic: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)  (Read 37005 times)

slccom

Re: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
I got some more ads in Canyon City for the Music Festival, and had a ball doing it even though my feet hurt. Cooked the squash soup and made cornbread and tapioca pudding. I even got some kitchen mess cleaned up.

My foot is healing very well from my minor surgery and I look forward to getting the stitches out next week.

Today I had a meeting of the ADA Committee, and rushed off without paying much attention to much but getting everything together for the meeting. I got to the site and realized that I had my foot surgery velcro shoe on my right foot, and my soft, comfy slipper on the left!

Sigh. I had planned to go do some errands and so on afterwards. Tomorrow, then! Kohl's sent me $10 that I'm going to go spend! Whoo Whoo!

Better hit the sack now. Big day tomorrow!

Sharon

Katybarstool

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »
Hi Sharon, you really are a busy bee, but watch that foot. Hope you had a good day shopping. Did you spend your voucher?.

Susan, did you feel a bit lost after Bella went? I know the tired feeling. I was talking to my physio yesterday and confessing to 'giving in to tiredness by having an afternoon nap' whenever I am at home during the day. She said I need to turn that around to say that 'I take the opportunity to recharge my batteries when I can. And she's right. Why should we feel guilty for listening to our bodies. I was impressed when she mentioned spoons too!

We are doing some preparation for our move, but trying not to temp fate. The surveyor came to our house yesterday and also went to our house to be. He said there wasn't anything major needed to be done at either house, but we are waiting for the detailed reports. Then, so long as the conveyancing goes okay, we should be good to go.

Today's preparation entailed my son taking down and removing a spare bed, and dismantling the grandchildren's bunk beds. And talk about dust bunnies - they were more like dust elephants, no wonder my asthma has been playing up:)

What's everyone else been doing?

Kathyx

quietdynamics

« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »

Granddaugther has been away for Spring Break.. so I have really cleaned the kitchen and Family room, downstairs powder room (including walls). 

Took days  with all the breaks.. counters are clear. Daughter moved home with kitten who was knocking things off anything horizonal.. I really like this kitten!
Toaster oven .. no one ever cleaned is gone.. goodbye. Put extra thick cutting board on the side of the gas range we hardly ever use.. so clean counter tops.

Still loving that Hoover All Terrain Cleaning machine we bought.. kitchen floor ---> onto berber carpet in family room. Wood blinds and windows/screen done. (took 2 days) .. some boxes for donation. 

Checked outside today.. one of the 40 ferns is growing.. lol. 
Scored a $14 large Gerber daisy, reduced to $3.. trimmed off damaged leaves to find the 'treasures'

Found a great leather Ethan Allen chair for the right price on Craigs.. I have saddle soap.
Bought it Thurs .. and it is still in the car??

Afterwards we had dinner at a Peruvian Restaurant I had been wanting to try.. great fun.
Dessert, Tres Leches Chocolate. Wow. DH had Quinoa Flan.. amazingly light and smooth.. and so much better than mine.  No caramelized sugar.. cocoa and something else with fresh strawberry garnish.

Kathy.. dust bunnies.. I hope one day to never live with wall -wall carpeting again.
Soon as I get home I take my glasses off..
Hoping everything is going smoothly.

Sharon the work you are doing is great.. hope you are healing well. Wish I were close enough to go to the concert. Video?

susanep.. sigh.. thinking of soon getting my sewing machine out?
Considering a wool simple quilt (chinese coins) and selling my small antique collection of handmade ones. Perhaps at the Estate Sale.  Which is why I am cleaning here now.
Like Velcro I have to hit my closet.. then my vintage clothes. 

Bucky how is progress on graduation?

Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

slccom

« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »
Vintage clothes are quite "in" these days. Don't just give them away! Also, if you do want to give them away, local theater groups love vintage clothes for costumes.

Sharon

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Wow - you ladies have been busy with all kinds of projects.

It feels good to "see" the results of our work doesn't it?   :D

I've been working on things at a snails pace . . . I just can't get the motivation to finish this all up.  With that being said, I DID finish one side of the pantry today - took everything out, washed the shelves, and wiped off everything before putting them back in - rearranging things in "groups" (pasta w/sauce, baking, soups, etc.) as I put them back.  I also threw out some items that were dated 2011 & 2012.  I am really, really going to make an effort to only buy things that I plan on using as I hate to throw money away.

I also hung the curtains for the pantries - so that job is done!  (I had already done the one side, but finished up the other side today.)

I found out this morning that they called yesterday to say my bookcase is in - ready for me to pick it up.  Good thing I asked our son if they had called, as son "forgot" to tell me!  So, I will go pick that up tomorrow and finish that project up in the living room.  Yay! 

All I have left to do in the living room is find a home or take to recycling our old TV that is sitting on the floor in the living room.  No donation places will take it - I've tried several.

Maybe, I can get our son to help me take some boxes to the basement tomorrow since seniors don't have school tomorrow as underclassmen are having tests.  It's easier for him to do the running up and down the stairs than it is for me.

I see light at the end of the tunnel . . . just praying it's NOT a train heading my way!!   ;)

Keep up the good work everyone.  A little at a time and we'll get 'er done!

"Vintage clothes" . . . yep, I've got some of those too!   ;)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »
Mrs Bucky

I'm very proud of your achievements - you must be too. Did you son help today?

We haven't done anything else with the house yet. We are waiting for the survey and other legalities, and desperately trying not to care if the sale doesn't go through. Trying not to be negative, but don't want to jinx it either.

My sister is 'up north' from her home in Cornwall this week. I went out with her today for a meander around the local market town. I think she is shocked at my lack of stamina, but she was really lovely about walking slowly with her big sister.

Hugs

Kathyx 

slccom

« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
Anybody doing anything lately?  ;) I'm going to clean house and back yard since someone is coming over Wednesday!

Sharon

Katybarstool

« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »
Hi Sharon

We've been doing some garden work today. It was only a couple of hours, but it's surprising how much you can accomplish in such a short time. We are trying to keep it as tidy as possible for the new owners, but we are not gardeners by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Kathyx

slccom

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »
Well, Kathy, have you thought of trying a flame thrower?  ;D

Sharon

Katybarstool

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
Believe me, if I thought we could get away with it, we would!

Kathyx

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2014, 02:32:53 AM »
Kathy you have really had a lot going on.

Others have also been up to a lot.

I did get those 6 bunnies finished for Easter.

Yes, I do miss Bella the big horse size black beauty lab. lol....

My little yappy (yorkie) Bonnie is my shadow.
My little red face li'l Anne(part golden retriever) is my little wild thing.
My little black furry Matilda (Australian Shepard) is a guard to all of us, but a happy face fur friend too.
My little man Buddy(Part Cardigan Corgi) is my little short leg (blind) sweet heart.

I sure love these little furry guys, and give them treats all the time.

I'm their momma in every sense of the word, and my husband is their daddy in every sense of the word.  :) :)

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Katybarstool

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2014, 10:40:55 AM »
Susan

Those fur babies are lucky having such a wonderful set of parents.

Mrs Bucky, when is the graduation?

We are still on target for a move within the next few weeks - it just takes sooo long for all the legalities.

Kathyx

slccom

« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »
I'm glad to hear that the move is still on! Congratulations!
Sharon

slccom

« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »
I'm walking pain-free!  I LOVE it!

Working on the Festival, too, and making progress. Good thing, since it is (gulp) very soon!

Sharon

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
Wow - the middle of May already!!!  The year is just flying by! Time marches on, whether you're ready or not! 

I'm glad to read about all the projects going on with each of you.  Kathyx - I'm so excited for you that things are still moving along with your upcoming move.  Be sure to pace yourself as much as you can and get your family to help you!!

Grandchildren, music festivals, sewing, gardening, moving, organizing, cleaning . . .  everyone is busy, busy.

I can report that I finished 95% of my project I working on for graduation.  I still have that 5% that keeps staring me in the face.  Our son graduated this past Sunday.   :D  Unfortunately, none of my family came from out-of-state for the occasion.  I understand it's a long ways to travel, they are busy with their jobs, etc., but, I still wish they could have seem him get his diploma.  They will come another time when things aren't quite so busy.

Since nobody was coming, the urgency to get everything done wasn't as pressing.  So . . . I didn't push it!  I could probably finish it all in two more days max, but, between working at my job and when I have time off it seems my sciatica keeps flaring up and then I can't do anything.   :(   Oh well . . . I still love all the changes in the house.  I must admit the kitchen/dining room floor is more work than I anticipated since it is darker than the old flooring and you can see every little thing on it.   :-\

No big plans for this summer - I'm just going to keep plugging away trying to downsize things in the house we don't need.   We've made several trips to recycle things - for that I'm glad.   :)

Good luck to everyone with all the projects you are working on.  If there is anyone else who is just "lurking" reading our stories, feel free to jump in with your news to share too. 

Have a good week!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)