Author Topic: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)  (Read 37006 times)

slccom

Re: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2014, 11:01:20 AM »
Wow! I'm famous! 8)

Sharon

.. and a treasure as well.

Awww/ :-[ Thanks, QuietDynamics!

Sharon

slccom

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
Let's see. Got insurance and some ads for the Music Festival I am throwing. Got the German Band gigs scheduled and off to the people who can authorize them. Made 7 quiches. Got homes for a large bunch of fabric that I got free off Craigslist. Saw my niece and nephew, had sort of a job interview to do ADA advocacy work, delivered a 25-year certificate to a Shriner, had a lovely visit and dinner with my niece, and even remembered to NOT tell her husband about the cheesecake...

Found someone who wants to buy our melodion, so we can get in a recliner from the garage. Almost got to get it to him, but schedules interfered.

This is not today; rather, over the past week.

I've got more to do, so have a great weekend, everyone! Velcro, I hope the house sells very soon to the right people.

Hugs to all,
Sharon

slccom

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
I forgot -- also got 4 drawers organized in the bedroom!

Gotta go!

Sharon

Velcro

« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »
Thanks and you are a busy beaver!  Putting me to shame!

I went through my walk-in closet this weekend.  Got rid of two garbage bags of winter clothes I never wore this season and took them to the Ministry Center.  Still need to go through my shoes :)

Katybarstool

« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2014, 12:35:30 PM »
And the good news is ... the previous people came back this week with an acceptable offer! We were amazed as we had written them off.

It's been a roller coaster couple of weeks, but we are very optimistic now. Rhe legal work has started, so we might be in our new hoe within a couple of months.

Now the de-cluttering goes up a notch!

Kathyx

slccom

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »
Wonderful news, Katy! I'm thrilled for you.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »
Kathyx - good news indeed!!  I'm so happy for you!  I hope all the legal work falls into place and this is a quick transaction for you.

It would be great if you could get the bungalow you looked at recently.

Good luck with packing, etc., - just remember to pace yourself and don't do everything in a real hurry that it sends you into a flare.  If you don't want to really take the time to downsize right now, you can always pack it up and get rid of it when you move into your new place.  You could put possible things to get rid of in one box (and mark it) - once you move, don't unpack it right away.  After a while, if you haven't needed the things - just get rid of the box(es).

Wish I could come help you (as I look at the pile of "stuff" still sitting on the floor in the dining room that I haven't moved yet from the new flooring) - okay, maybe I better take care of my own project first . . . but, I would come help you if I could.   :D

Good luck, dear. 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »
Thanks Bucky

I would love for you to come and help - and sit a while with me to drink tea and eat cake :)

The structural surveys are taking place for both houses on the 17. We are downsizing, and so our the buyers of our house, so no mortgages are needed. This means it should be completed within a couple of months. We are giddy with excitement. I can't wait to have a ground floor bedroom and bathroom - no more dreaded stairs to climb :)

We have been clearing out a bit at a time over the past 9 months or so, but will still have to be strict about getting rid of some stuff.

Are you getting excited about your son's graduation?

Hugs
Kathyx

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Kathyx - I am so happy that your offer for the bungalow was accepted.  Yay!!   ;D

How exciting to be moving to a new place!  Will this be closer to your work?

We have a ranch style home - everything on one level - which I love.  No steps, unless you go down to the basement.

Tomorrow, as I continue my quest on putting things back into place in my house, I will think of you and your new adventure that awaits you.   :D

How long have you lived in the place you're in now?

I bet I know what you'll be doing on your Kathyx's Wednesdays!!

Am I excited about the upcoming graduation?  No, not really - it's happening too quickly!  He only has 22 more days of high school - then, another chapter in the Book of Life closes - and another begins.  It seems the last nine months my bone dry eyes have teared up more than they ever have in my entire life.  Too many changes all happening too quickly.

Good luck with all your packing / downsizing projects, Kathyx . . make sure and pace yourself.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Velcro

« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2014, 06:43:09 AM »
And the good news is ... the previous people came back this week with an acceptable offer! We were amazed as we had written them off.

It's been a roller coaster couple of weeks, but we are very optimistic now. Rhe legal work has started, so we might be in our new hoe within a couple of months.

Now the de-cluttering goes up a notch!

Kathyx

Woot Woot!

quietdynamics

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »

Kathyx..Congratulations on all the positive progress with the homes.

And Bucky.. a grand milestone for your son. Will there be a lot of graduation parties? And much success in his next life adventure.

Hoping everyone is faring well.. the Music Festival and ADA advocacy for slccom, and Velcro with her home.. all.

Driving once I saw a wooded area with an entire undergrowth of ferns.. it was so beautiful.

I saw a "Free Ferns" posting on Craigslist.. sooo. The ferns were west of Philly.. so we stopped into Ikea on the way back.. that did me in.. so no planting for few days.

Yesterday we finished putting the ferns in.. it took two days. ( Pacing and rests)
DH had to switch from shovel to pick ax (we have a lot of flat stones in the back.. those are being recycled.) 4 large kitchen bags worth, started dividing them.. then I ran out of steam.. towards the end some had two in plants in clump.. grand total 40 planted = 3 beds and a few near the home (where moss was growing hardily and little else.)
Then cover beds with some of the 'free' mulch with got..  :)

The larger, flat pieces of stone are forming an edge along a section of curved patio to give the illusion of an alcove, so far 6" high (a raised bed with a dwarf dogwood there and creeping juniper and day lilies, etc.). I have wanted this for years.

DH would lift a piece of good piece of stone and together we would say .. A treasure!.. so we made it a game and had fun together.

We will see how many survive.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Katybarstool

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »
QD, your gardening project sounds awesome. Will we have pictures when it is all done?

Bucky, I can understand your mixed feelings about your son's graduation, but like you say, it's on to the next stage in life. Do you remember when he first started school, and how you missed your little boy, going out into the big world. It was probably the same when he learned to drive - all these different life stages. And you will get great pleasure in the achievements he has to come, and then it will be time to build a home of his own. It's a well worn path, but one that we all have to go down. So, some of your tears will be of pride and joy in his new adult life. Enjoy! (And remind me of my brave words in August when our middle son gets married and we become kid free after 35 years!)

On the house front, we have lived here for 17 years. It was our refuge after drug dealers moved into our previous neighbourhood and our boys were assaulted. We had to almost start again mortgage-wise, and it was tough. However, if all goes according to plan, we should be mortgage free in our new home before hubby retires next year. I have 9 years before I can get a retirement pension but, God willing, having no mortgage will mean I can reduce my hours, or even retire a little earlier.

Tomorrow, I'm taking my mum to a concert 90 miles away. She and I are Daniel O'Donnell fans and we had to cancel a concert trip in the autumn when I was in hospital, so tomorrow is a replacement. I'm driving, which is a challenge, but we are staying overnight before driving back the following day. Wish me luck (mum can be difficult).   

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
Kathyx - enjoy your concert!  Safe travels and patience with mum.   ;)

Bucky

slccom

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »
Taxes are done, three large squash peeled, cooked and pureed for soup, and now to shovel off the tables and other paperwork. We have friends coming over for a doggie play date.

Laundry is done, and most importantly, dogs are petted. Not enough, of course, but a barely acceptable start...

Have a great week, everyone!

Sharon

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
I haven't posted on this as I planned too. Don't have a good reason either, but to say tired, been sick, tired, etc. oh and tired. lol... Wait I do have an excuse.

For a few months we had this sweet, black, full stock lab girl dumped at our house starving. We fed her(I fed her). Made blankets for her. Had her spayed, then she would run off even miles away, and having people call us when they checked her tag.

We would bring her back home, putting her at times on a long chain in the yard, then let her out, feeding her all the while, and playing with her, just for her to get wanderlust again. lol...

Finally as she kept increasing in her healthy weight and height, beyond my and my husband's limits, we found her a great forever home. She is now being treated like a little um... big princess! We named her Bella. For those who don't know we have 4 other dogs. 3 medium size, and one little Yorkie.

I got rid of a few papers today. I went down to help give my dad some of his insulin he has to have daily.

Did a bit of sewing, and I do mean a bit. lol...Trying to sew some bunnies for 6 great grand nieces.

I am trying to diet again after gaining back all I had lost before. My pulmonologist suggested it. lol...

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi