Author Topic: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)  (Read 35007 times)

Carebear

Re: 2014 - Juggling Life Club (formerly New Leaf Club)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »
Count me in, Bucky!

I've been away, enjoying the warm climate of Palm Springs.  And tonight arrived home to -32 degrees, 6 inches MORE snow, and a highway polished like a diamond from the freezing wind.

So, back to reality.  My home office needs some attention, and I will start with the file cabinet.  I plan to go through each file and throw out, relabel, and reorganize the whole shebang.  It's amazing how things get misfiled, duplicated and simply hang around too long.

Start at the top and work my way down.  And I will begin on Monday.  Like Bucky said, if I work at it for short periods of time, it will all add up.  My goal is to completely redo the files by the end of January.

Then I tackle the storage drawers in the office.   :D  Wish me luck.  Thanks for the motivation, Bucky.

I hear the wind howling and realize I should have replaced my weather stripping in the windows and doors a while ago.  That is already on my calendar for my June project.   ;)
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

slccom

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »
Carebear, be sure to shred anything that could be used against you!

Have fun. Sharon

Carebear

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 10:35:07 AM »
Good advice, Sharon.  Leave no evidence!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
Carebear - I'm sure you really, really, really wish you were back in Palm Springs about now!!  I wish I were in Palm Springs right now!

Good luck everyone with all your projects you are working on.

Two of my all-time favorite pieces of equipment I have in my house that get a lot of use is my shredder and printer/copy machine.  Anything with our name on it, gets shredded.

Well, I didn't get to the dining room table this weekend . . .  :(  But, I have a good excuse ( I can pretty much find a reason for anything . . .  ;) ) - due to the extreme cold temperatures we are experiencing right now, we brought inside our two outdoor cats and I needed to cat-proof the areas where they would be.  I DID get the Christmas tree down and put away - so they wouldn't be messing with it.  Yay, that's done!

I had to bring in a pet crate and get bedding for it, get the kitty litter pan out of the shed, food dish, etc. ready for the cats.  I figure that was a more pressing situation than the dining room table "stuff" - so, I'm not worried it didn't get done this weekend.  There's always this week, or the week after, or the week after that . . . right?  ;D

Now, I have to deal with the head stuffiness and eye itching having the cats indoors for the next several days.  I sure hope the temperature warms up in the above zero numbers soon so they can go back outside.  Atchooooooo

Stay warm everyone.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
Bucky -  You had more pressing things to do for sure, taking care of your kitties.  The dining room table can wait.

Palm Springs....sigh. 

I too was unable to work on my file cabinet because we had the family here to celebrate the first born's birthday. Monday I start shredding.

Velcro

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »
I'm going with the 15 minute rule right now.  I'm taking 15 minutes and doing something small....one thing at a time.  For example, I said I was going to organize, so yesterday (you males will love this), I went through my underwear drawer.  I got rid of a bunch and neatly organized the rest.  Only took 15 minutes and I felt accomplished.  I'm going to do one drawer a day.  Today is the sock drawer and I'll work my way through them.  I figure in two weeks, I'll have organized each drawer and cleaned out some stuff.

It may take me two weeks, but it will get done and then I'll move on to something else.  15 minutes.

genko_b

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »
This is a great thread! You could pay good money to go to an organizing workshop with all these ideas.

Here's something else I'm doing now. Being vegetarian I do eat vegetables and fruits, but I was noticing that lunch often becomes a quick slice of peanut butter toast and a cup of tea. That cuts out one of the three good opportunities in the day to get some of those five servings of fruit and vegetables.

Rather than resolve to "eat more fruits and vegetables," which can be pretty vague and difficult to assess, I've resolved to eat a big bowl of cut up fruit at breakfast and a big salad at lunch everyday. I can't kid myself about that, and it goes a long way to ensuring I'm getting enough fruit and vegetables. I've stocked the kitchen to make this do-able.

Not only do I feel better physically when I'm eating this way, but I've made a promise to myself that I can keep most of the time, and that boosts my ability to keep going. I have two other tricks. The first is a walk every day. Even a 15 minute walk after each meal - which they say is as beneficial as a longer walk once a day - is possible. The second is to get up when the alarm goes off, even if it turns out you have to go back to bed after a bit. It is easier to talk yourself into staying up, once up, than to talk yourself into getting out of bed.

I love the 15 minute rule!

Take care,

Genko

Katybarstool

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Genko and Velcro, your 15 minute rule sounds a good idea. I'll have to think about what I can achieve in 15 minutes.

Mrs Bucky, you are right, the kitties deserve your attention far more than the dining table.

Sharon, how on earth did you manage all that donkey work? I feel worn out just reading what your did. I managed to plant about 200 spring bulbs in the autumn, and even that had to be done over several days. The impetus was to make it look good for house buyers, should the house still be for sale by then.

Ailsa, we haven't had any feedback from the viewers. I must get on to the estate agents, to see if they had any comments. These companies charge a small fortune, but don't seem very pro-active.

Carebear, Palm Springs sounds wonderful, but -32 doesn't! I hope you get acclimatised soon.

Hugs
Kathyx

slccom

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
Kathy, it took months. But since all but moving the mulch was a sit-down job, I could work for hours at a time.

BTW, that guy still owes me the $5! ;D

Sharon

Katybarstool

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 05:45:53 AM »
So, I decided to de-clutter my brain, and write down some of the things that have been bugging me/need doing, but haven't been done. Does that count?

BTW, it has been therapeutic for me.

Kathyx

Velcro

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »
Definitely counts! :)

I was able to make it through my sock drawer last night.  Tonight it's on to bras! Ha ha!

slccom

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
My problem is that I have a hard time throwing things away. If it is worn out, I plan to use it for work clothes.

Sharon

Velcro

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
Me too Sharon.  I'm always shoving stuff away going, "Oh I can use that for something."  I have found that most of the time, I never use it for something else.  So I'm trying desperately to retrain myself to just get rid of it.

Velcro

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
My other problem?  I'm a bargain shopper.  I have, in the past, refused to pay $50 for a bra when I can buy 4 for that price elsewhere.  But then, after a few washes, the wire starts coming out, they lose their shape.  I'm now having to force myself to buy quality over quantity.  The two I paid $50 for last year, are still like brand new.  So I made myself buy two more this weekend and then threw out about 15 of the bad ones last night.

It's definitely a mental game with me.

Katybarstool

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Well done Velcro.

Kathyx